JT Window Cleaning = Home Advisor = Service Magic

In my interwebs travels I started noticing a company popping up called JT Window Cleaning. I did a little clicking and found they are located in every single city in the country. So i gave them a call to ask where their local office is…

The agent readily told me that i have reached Home Advisor.

Just so you know

Jerk Time Window Cleaning?

Oh snap!

i think i just discovered something:

compare this site

…with this site

look similar? [MENTION=10900]RiverCityMN[/MENTION] and i were discussing this last week. this “gutter cleaning” company is showing up on google almost everywhere in the country. similar to chris’ “JT window cleaning”…

hmmmmmm…

just confirmed.

both of these “companies” are home advisor.

so what do we do with this? i’m ****ed.

After taking a quick look at their sites I have reason to believe that they will disappear in a few months due to an outstanding amount of keyword stuffing and rampant duplicate content.

You’d figure that HA/SM would learn after this same exact tactic caused their websites to completely disappear off of Google. In fact, this was probably an answer to that very conundrum.

After a few string searches I found that the absolute highest they rank is 38 in my area. Nobody is going to go digging that deep for results (aside from hyper obsessive SEO guys like myself lol)

I just ran across their site the other day. I figured it was this sorta thing. So irritating!

it’s really the principle. i use them for leads sometimes, and the fact that they are essentially creating ghost companies to bait and switch people is really really irritating.

I’ll bet they’ve got one of these sites for just about every industry out there… Its so misleading for the customer that I don’t think they would be able to hang onto them throughout the whole process…
The customer would think there calling “JT Window cleaning” then be forwarded to homeadvisor, then would be contacted by 3 lowballing companies, which isn’t what they wanted in the first place.

It will probably lower the quality of homeadvisor leads (lower than they already are) too because the customer is being misled into filing a homeadvisor service request…

If the customer follows through it, it would be good for people that use them for leads, right? Because its just another site that would give you a lead. Am I wrong?

Home advisor is hit or miss. Some people land a lot of good jobs (myself included) and others don’t. Some people report mafia style harassment from HA, me personally they have been nothing but professionals in my dealings with them. You won’t know until you try it for YOURSELF. I have a standing offer for anyone who wants to try it, you can use me as a reference and get $100 in FREE leads each.

This is extremely bogus. Service magic was ok. In the past few years, I’d say a year before the change to home advisor, the whole system has gone down the tubes…

My leads have been turned off for over a year.

i mean I guess it helps a business owner who utilizes home advisors leads cause now one of the companies your “competing with” for the lead you just purchased actually does not exist…

After I have got thinking about it I am starting to not mind them being on the first page since it will bump whomever was #10 on that page to the 2nd page…as long as I can maintain a first page ranking it is actually helping me since I personally think most people will not waste their time with calling an 800 number knowing it is out of state because there is no reason to have a 800 number if you are local. That is just my 2 cents.

Forget the 800 number, the cookie cutter form letter and stock pic makes it impossible to read.

By the way… Googlebot hates that.

Maybe this is a harbinger of the end of SM/HA/JT?

The websites read like half the spam we get on WCR. Run on sentences that make no sense.

The links buried within the text lead me from Montclair NJ to Santa Rosa CA to Edwardsville IL and back to Portland OR lol

Maybe I’ll buy them out…

[MENTION=7230]c_wininger[/MENTION], I just opened an incognito window in chrome and did a search for gutter cleaning. on the first page Home Advisor came up once and Gutter Gurus came up twice

Home Advisor has always been good about giving me credit for faulty leads. If anybody wants to try it for themselves, you can put me down as a referral and get $100 worth of FREE leads!

1 Like

i just closed my account with them yesterday. i’m sick of it. i did a quote on a nightmare of a house- half wooden frenchies with storms, half frenchies with removable panel storms clipped on from the outside. hadn’t been done in years. quoted $1300+. the lady was shocked and said that was far more than double the other quotes she got.

i tried to confront the HA CSR when i called to cancel, ie. the fake websites. they all play dumb, like they don’t know what’s going on.

I had a bad experience with Service Magic and every time I get solicited by Home Advisor, I ask them why they changed their name…'nuff said