Ladder safety the "Ladderm8trix"

I purchased this safety device at the end of last winter as it claimed to be safe on snow and ice. Basically, it is a piece of plastic with rubber on the upside and hundreds of nails on the bottom. The idea is that the nails wont slip on anything, even oil, and they wont mark as your weight is spread across hunreds of points.
I tried it on really wet slippy decking and old slabs, neither time left marks. I guess if you kick it along the floor it would scratch, but by placing it in the right position it seems not to mark at all.
It has not slipped on anything (dont want to tempt fate) but it has been very solid, even on ice. Thought I would share this info as someone else might find it useful, I told another local window cleaner here about them and, after buying one, he also found it very useful. Have got some pics, all be them poor quality, but cannot work out how to get them on this thread!!

THE Ladder Safety Device: Ladder M8rix

I know this thread is quite old, but I’m wondering if anyone else has given this product a try in the interim.

Do they sell those on WCR? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Jeez…I almost googled that…

3 Likes

I looked into it about 4 years ago. They were out of England and were not too excited on shipping it to the US

Aw too bad. The video is very impressive. I’m not afraid of heights or ladders per se, but I’m trying to do everything I can to be safe on ladders, especially since I work alone right now.