Ladder suggestions

Hey everyone…so I no longer own a truck. Just recently purchased a Subaru Outback, so I can no longer carry an extension ladder. I’m concerned with getting two story homes and not having a ladder. Are there any suggestions on how to effectively clean them both with and without a ladder? Also, any suggestions on a ladder that would be easily transported in a crossover? I am sharing

a pic of what it looks like.

You have a few options. Werner has a 24’ 3 section extension that is 9’ when not extended, Werner little giant knock off, or Mettallic sectionals. Anything higher you can use a WFP.

1 Like

Can you put a ladder rack on there? Check to see what Thule has available. I would be surprised if they don’t have something you can load ladders on

1 Like

Throw a set of sectionals on a roof rack or if you have 6 feet of clearance when the backseats are folded down you can put them inside. I carry mine inside a dodge caravan. Back in the day they fit inside my Volkswagen Jetta.

2 Likes

In the picture it shows roof rack rails, most roof rack manufacturers have cross bar setup that can fit. Look at canoe/kayak stores, check Thule and Yakima online for your particular vehicle fit. I am sure you will find one to fit your vehicle and ladder away.

1 Like

Sectionals will fit if you fold the back seats down.

1 Like

At little giant m22 will fit nicely inside if you fold the back seat down

1 Like

What’s the maximum length you can put in the vehicle with the seats folded down. I second the Werner compact 24. I bought it when I went from a truck to a minivan. At 9 feet It fits in a grand caravan with room to spare.

I’ve got a grand caravan and there is room for my six foot sectional ladder pieces but I don’t see three more feet of free space.

On the passenger side lean the front seat back all the way. The ladder will easily go all the way to your dashboard. Although I do have a large storage box in the back that holds my water bucket in the back that the ladder will rest on too.

1 Like

Not overly sure at the moment. I did just find out last night that cross bars actually come on it…they just fold over when not in use…finding new surprises with this vehicle. But, I will have to measure the interior from dash to rear.

My sectionals are on the floor between four seats. Never gave your idea a thought. Learn something new about our business every day.

I’ve been using an Outback for the past 8 yrs. and have a pretty dialed system figured out. I can carry a Werner 24’ extension, a werner MT-22 combination, and a 6’ a-frame on the loaded 24’ (if needed) throw a 3’ step ladder in the back seat…your set! Hope this helps ya out!

1 Like

I put pool noodles over the crossbars to dampen vibration & it creates a nice “nesting” spot for the ladder rails when it breaks in and gets molded to conform!

All other tools and stuff fits in buckets in the back! Behold…the Window Wagon

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome!!! Thanks for sharing…now I have an idea as to how to set it up. Also, I just realized that the cross bars swing out from the rails.

Just be careful opening the hatch with the tall ladders on top…again, pool noodle helps there too! May exceed the factory rack weight limit if using fiberglass ladders, they are considerably heavier than the aluminum ladders. I believe the max load (on factory rack) is 100 lbs.-- my ladders run 95 lbs. & never had a problem.
The Suby looks a little odd comin down the road…but always gets me to the dirty glass…year round :+1:

2 Likes

Hope ya found it helpful!
Lemme know & I could shoot a short video with a better explanation and visuals!
Take care

Haha, really I just need to get the extension ladder up there, most because of the houses we have around me…the A-Frame can easily fit inside if needed.

ford escape or gmc jimmy hold pole, filtration system and multi ladder with the back seat folded down no need for anything on the roof.