Lesson Learned, and now a question

Beautiful pitch bro…

My old company name was White Glove Window Cleaning.

1 Like

The locals said the same thing about Tucson, when I moved to Tucson.

There are several people that still have that mind set now. I think they call them “Trump Supporters” but I am not sure. Others call them sheeople, but I am always up for ‘semantics’.

Some-antics. Get it… Thought I may have to explain to the Trump supporters. Logic, independent investigation of the truth, and “outside the box” thinking are foreign concepts. So I will spell it out for you.

Those of us who are able to think outside the box. We know the economy has WAY improved just by looking around. Seeing all the empty business full again. Paying attention to buying habits around us. etc. Racism has had a strong impact on the view of the State of the Union.

Not saying you guys are racist or even trump supporters. But really… The sad thing is, recent political events have shown the world the American epidemic: Just how narrow minded American’s really can be.

Growing up I was always taught:

Racism = Ignorance + Intolerance

We have been out of the last recession for a long time. It was almost 10 years ago. Realy? What they are still feeling is laziness and complacency.

We may be headed into another one… who knows. If you are still holding onto the last one. You are always going to be in a recession. Those people are the permanently aggrieved that will always take issue with something else so they don’t have to accept responsibility for their actions.

If you aren’t making money. Time to get off your @ss.

Mr. Fucko. Awesome !!!

This is were its @ Mr Fucko … I’m not running a snow shoveling business like I did in grade school . I’m not going to knock on your door to see if you would like me to do your driveway today.

I run a legit business now with with appointments , an schedules. So it’s either your in it or not.

What’s it going to be Fucko.

For real this is what I say. Sorry I don’t run my business that way … We work around Schdules an Appointments I’m sure you understand that. I would love to keep you on the monthly schedule that’s why our price is what it is.

If you want to come off the schedule an call us to set up an appointment when you feel it fits in. Them the price would not be the same , and i would put you in on the first available day we have

Honestly though for storefronts I don’t get this often. I set it straight from the get go how often an how much

4 Likes

I’m going to refer to this upcharge as the Mr. Fucko tax. Monthly service would be $25 per cleaning. One offs at your request will be the monthly price, plus standard $50 Mr. Fucko Tax, or MFT.

2 Likes

Thought about deleting my last post in this thread… but nah… After posting a diatribe about racism though. I have to say. This has been my experience. My friend is Vietnamese. At 33 years old he has 3 nail salons, 2 cellphone stores, and a restaurant.

We used to co-own a couple of PrePaid Cellular and Phone Flashing / Repair Stores here in Tucson.

He will not deal with Asians and he is one. He doesn’t like dealing with all the problems and negotiating. His words. Not mine.

1 Like

Asians are really cheap. That’s not being racist by saying so. It’s stereotyping yes
Your just stating a fact !!!

About your comment about the stores being full again. What !!! Not around here there still empty. I past about 20 of them today.

1 Like

This has become an interesting read…

Personally, I like to hear about the "last ones effected."
Because I can assure you… I/we am the FIRST.

You wanna know how things are going, ask a Detroiter.
We make the shit america sells, here.

We created the middle class (you’re welcome)
And supplied labor and equipment that won world wars.

• I got sidetracked, this isn’t about us…
    But the parameter is the areas who don’t really create shit, but kind of flow with the “after.”

I absolutely pay attention to what they are dealing with.

They are the “Macro” in my mind.

2 Likes

lol. Did that make ANY sense?!?

Eh, I’m going to go ahead and disagree with you on this one. Different strokes, different views, all good. So take it in the spirit of comparative analysis.

First up: Trump is the definition of outside of the box. He’s absolutely tapped into the anger of the american people and is milking it for all it’s worth. I don’t think he’d be a bad president because he’s a business guy he’s not a milk toast useless sack of ivy league… He says our leaders are useless and stupid and I’m like “Hell yeah.”

My personal belief is that if you’ve never worked a job in your life you shouldn’t make rules for those of us who do work. If you don’t pay taxes, you shouldn’t be able to vote and determine how to tax those of us who do work. Obama never took a paycheck in his life except from government. BSanders never had a job until he got elected in his 40’s. That pisses me off because they’re completely out of touch with those of us who strap up every single day cold or hot and Do Work.

Second up: Americans aren’t narrow minded. The problem today is that so many have their minds so wide open that they can’t trap a coherent thought to save their lives. It’s why Obama can give a speech and say “I don’t know how long it’s going to take to get there, but we’ll get there.” Where? Hope and Change? Caesar Nero had a vision of Rome and he burned it to the ground so he could rebuild it according to his vision. The difference between Nero and Obama is that Nero was an architectural genius (sure he was a psychopath) but he could rebuild what he destroyed.

Third up: You have a traditional view of racism. The KKK fits the bill, so do the Black Panthers, so does the Mormon Church prior to 1978. However, today if you dare criticise anyone you’re a racist. No debate, no exchange of facts, just point blank racist.

Look, I don’t care if you’re a white guy with a gun, a mexican with a knife, or a black guy in a suit, if you got your hands in my pockets I don’t appreciate it. I give to my church, I give to charity, I recently donated a vehicle to a family that needed it, but don’t you dare tell me that “it’s not fair” or that I’m not paying “my fair share.”

I give to those who need it and not to idiot politicians who want to study icebergs and gender.

[quote]If you aren’t making money. Time to get off your @ss.
[/quote]

Amen to this. But if you want to sit on your butt, then feel the Bern!

It’s not a racist thing, it’s just how it is. As a demographic they’re super hard to sell to. It’s like trying to sell barns to Amish.

The other ones are middle easterners, they always want to haggle you down. It’s how it is back in the Home Country so that’s how it is for them here.

5 Likes

They Do like to haggle, but they will buy. ( As opposed to Asians that look at you like your something they stepped in) Start high let them talk you down to what you need and then Just stop budging. “Look sir, it’s obvious that you don’t want to do x or x would be done right? This is my price for doing x, my tools are right there in the truck can I start now or do I drive home?” This has worked for me before.

1 Like

Yes… Yes it did.

@JaredAI and anyone else reading this. I love the banter.

The cool thing about differing viewpoints is the educational value. I agree with some things and disagree with others… but it’s all good. More than one way to get to Denny’s right? You do you.

The cool thing is… Some things I have disagreed with in the past, I can see the logic in now. My experience is as long as I am open to a new experience… I am constantly living in a state of progressive revelation. Pretty cool place to be…

Just saying.

Glad I could stir it up though… That was kind of fun. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :point_right: :ok_hand: :+1: :sunglasses:

Hi JfromtheD,
I could use your help. Can we talk over the phone?

Now that I read it again … NO !!!