Lets get brutally honest here

good point Mr. Mole. I can fall into this trap, myself. Wee all do (pun intended) from time to time.

Just re-worked my site if anyone cares to critique it?

[MENTION=3851]Wagonhound[/MENTION]

Hey Ryan at least your spending your snow day upgrading…LOL

It looks pretty good.

I think I would use a lighter back ground…but other than that its looking good.

Been taking lessons from my dog… It doesn’t really give a crap about me, but will pee on itself as soon as I pay it attention… Point taken.

I now am embarrassed because I just realized that wettish warm feel isn’t my solution running down my leg from spilling my boab… It’s website wee wee…

Can I come wee wee on it?

[MENTION=3418]michaelmole[/MENTION] - how do you like the responsi bid on your site?

Here’s a copy/paste of a previous answer to that question from another user… still holds true. I did update the numbers related to upsells.

[I][COLOR=#333333]Just a couple of things to keep in mind when thinking about Responsibid. (I am a platinum member, and not affiliated with Responsibid in any way other than as a customer and user)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]* Responsibid is a tool. It will not singlehandedly run your business for you.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]* Like all business tools, the ultimate question you need to be asking is about ROI. Does this tool pay for itself, and then some. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]* In my business, Responsibid helps me do two different things. 1) systematize pricing 2) consistently upsell services[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]-- Systematize Pricing: Many business owners price their services in a way that they call “custom” but which should really be called “haphazard” or “making it up as they go along.” This works, until you reach the point where doing EVERY. SINGLE. BID. in person is not efficient. At that point you have to teach someone else how to bid the way you do, and/or you have to start doing estimates over the phone/online. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]In either case, Responsibid is extremely helpful. If you have done the work of breaking your pricing system down to the nuts and bolts and recreating that in Responsibid, so that it gives the right dollar amount every time, then anyone can use your system…and therefore anyone can give estimates for you. Also, since you don’t just randomly price things in a haphazard way anymore, customers can get their own prices, when they want…how they want. (NOTE: This [/COLOR]doesn’t mean you can’t add $$ to the job cost after they’ve done an online estimate, to cover costs that you couldn’t be aware of. We have to do[/I][I][I] that less than 25% of the time, but it does happen, and people are VERY understanding.)

– Constantly upsell services: Since I added Responsibid (January 2013) I can point to over $5000 worth of upsells that we’ve done for folks who came to our website looking for just one service, and ended up buying a whole lot more. That’s over $500/month, on average, in upsells. So just for that alone, does Responsibid pay for itself?? Yes! Now, could I have upsold all of those people over the phone or through email? I’m a pretty decent salesman, so I think I could have. But WOULD I HAVE? Everyone in sales knows that people who are looking to buy something are in a “buying mood” for a given period of time… and Responsibid allows you to have your other services right in front of them, in a non-pushy way, when they are in that “buying mood.” [/I]

Hope that’s helpful.

[/I]Hopefully that answers your question. In short, I love Responsibid and hate that I waited so long to add it to my site. Responsibid is only going to get more awesome and more expensive as time goes by, so if you’re on the fence about getting it, do it now to lock in your price forever, before their next price increase.

Just some input as to leave blowing… Some lawn care co. need 90 per to include drive time to dump trailer plus 30 dump fee.
@ green waste dump… They may get one or two jobs into trailer before dump… How do you plan to remove leaves? Bag,trailer or mulch?
Then how do you get rid of them? Just as a fyi Blowers eat up a lot of gas. More so than trimmers. You will have cheap comp in this area.
Will you blow and rake backyard to tarp? etc…

imo i kind of liked the past front page better. Not as busy

cheers john

Ok, blew my sunday afternoon cleaning up wee, fixing backgrounds, I think I fixed all the social media links… Taking what I heard here to heart - Possibly went a little extreme overboard now my fingers and brain are fried. Have one more page to create later tonight… But aside from that… My OCD is taking over… What the heck… I need perfect, Today I changed and re-changed my website with the frequency toilet paper. Maybe its time to use a scrim, at least its washable… I’m going to post this up then swear to never touch my computer again, then be back in 2-3 hours.
[URL=“http://www.jollyrogerco.com”]
www.jollyrogerco.com

Way better…

Haven’t seen it prior to all the fixes, but it’s looking great. You mentioned typos, so here’s one on your blog post about the logo: “…may have been something that captain hook would have approved of.” I know, it’s minutiae, but I had to point it out :smiley:

On another note: larger text may help with readability. Not a huge deal, since visitors can zoom, but it’s just an idea to play around with if you get the chance.

I was wondering, is your 20/30 Window price going to accommodate any type of configuration? If you clean a house with 10 ground windows and 10 upstairs windows and then you clean a house with 13 ground windows and 7 upstairs windows, is the price the same? Or would you charge a flat rate addition for the upstairs windows?

[MENTION=26450]DustOffTherapy[/MENTION]

Prices are all the same, 1 or 2 story. Im currently testing to see what kind of response I get to actually publishing my pricing vs. when it was unpublished / or “squishy” ballpark.