Light Duty

I Recently had an employee fall off a roof a few months ago and crack spacula. He has been on workers comp and think he is getting use to it. His doctor now released him to light duty (no lifting more then 10lbs, no reaching above shoulder height or reaching out, and absolutely no climbing ladders). As we all know all of that is a big deal to window washing. His first day Back he tells me he feels that he’s at a 100% and can do his normal job(and tells me he’s been golfing while he was out) and he’s going to tell the doctors to release him to full duty. Next day the doctor tells me that he came in saying that he is still hurting real bad and ended up getting her to give him a shot for the pain. Right now I just have him cleaning screens and tracks, but he still complains that it still involves a lot of reaching. I showed him ways he can do it without any reaching at all. Any ideas out there with other things I can have him do that involves cleaning windows?

Rag laundry, tool maintenance, rubber changes, vehicle organization, paperwork, door to door flyers

2 Likes

So dude is on light duty and said to you he’s 100 percent then turns around tells Dr he’s still hurt and all the while playing golf while supposedly injured?I’d fire his ass on the grounds of fraudulent use of workmans comp.I was on workmans comp and it specifically told me that if you can’t lift or reach then you can’t golf

2 Likes

Think you need to have a serious one to one conversation with your employee.He’s taking the piss out of you,workers comp and his Dr.

2 Likes