LinkedIn Business Page Tips

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]I have been doing a lot of research about various social media marketing techniques and I thought I would start sharing some of what I have learned. This post I will talk about LinkedIn. LinkedIn can be a unique animal, especially when it comes to growing and scaling company pages. Here are a few things I’ve learned that might point you in the right direction:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]1) Make sure your employees (or members of your clique that are customer/client interacting) properly are tagging your company page from their profiles. You might have to create some kind of how to guide to make sure they are doing it correctly. When you have everyone properly tagging your business page, you increase your chances of receiving some follower overflow from their personal connections.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]2) Ensure the channel is part of your social integration strategy. Companies are really good at displaying links to more active social networks like Facebook and Twitter. However, they often forget about LinkedIn. Adding those buttons to websites, e-blasts and other areas across your digital footprint can assist in driving additional traffic. The unique company page link should also be in your email signature.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]3) Fill out all aspects of the page. Ensure your creative is updated, the description is accurate and the products/services are filled out. Sounds simple, but I think a more complete page has a tendency to attract followers.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]4) Update the page regularly with content. I can’t tell you how many companies I see that simply leave their page blank. They set it up, then totally neglect it. This is another place to distribute content that points back to your site/blog, so leverage it. Give people a reason to follow the page. If there is nothing of value there, it will be a really hard sell.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]5) Consider sponsored updates. Create a few test campaigns and sponsor a few updates once a month. I would avoid display targeting and stick with in-stream ads. While LinkedIn ads are VERY expensive compared to AdWords in my opinion, you have the opportunity to target audiences based on geography, industry, seniority, role, group affiliation and more. The targeting features are awesome and I’ve seen great results, especially when it comes to B2B lead generation (following up with folks who take a social action on the ad).[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]Anyway, these are just a few simple ideas to get you headed in the right direction.

Good luck. Let me know any other tips that may help out on this topic. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Um, I meant to put this in Marketing. Sorry MOD people please move me. I don’t see where I can change it. I guess I could delete it.

Those are good tips, thanks.

Unfortunately, I think they only apply to the top 1% of the people in our industry.

From what I’ve seen, LinkedIn activity resonates mostly with corporate types, ie. white collar. White collar has very little interaction with blue collar ( namely, us!). In the commercial maintenance world, you’ll most likely deal with a blue collar type like yourself (ie. facilities manager/ property manager etc.) I dont believe LinkedIn is a major source for these these types, at least at the moment.

Most window cleaners would do better focusing their online efforts somewhere else, like SEO, local Facebook and Google + engagement, etc.

I guess if you had all those bases covered 100% then it might be worth investing some time developing LinkedIn. But it’s pretty low on the totem pole for the vast majority of us. That’s my opinion anyway, and as always, I could be very very wrong.

I of course agree that LinkedIn is more “white collar” but as facebook dies and more and more people become aware of fraudulent likes from paid advertising, I believe it would be good to already have some irons in different fires so to speak. That is why I will try to focus on as much as I can where I can. But yes I do agree with you man. Just going to share some tips as I go I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app