Liquidator Issues

So I think I’ve solved the issue that myself and others were having, with the liquidator channels (especially the 2.0) completely missing solution about half an inch from each end, and even missing solution or leaving lines of water in the middle of the channel. At first it seemed to be from the rubber being able to fold up in the hollow spot created by the forward bent tips. After some more thought and comparison to my 14" modified wagtail, I finally realized the issue and apparently have corrected it.

My modified wagtail doesn’t have the rubber clipped in the ends, yet the tips (inflexible metal) are bent forward (although not to the degree of Liquidators) yet performs flawlessly on being detail free.

I was using my my 10" Liquidator 2.0 channel yesterday when I realized this; so I completely removed the section of plastic in the clips that pinch the rubber in place, and shaved some plastic off the other side (the bottom ‘tip’ of the clips) to allow the rubber to move freely like it would on my wagtail. I then cut the outer teeth off the Excelerator handle (this may have been unnecessary, but I have 2 handles) so the rubber is only secured with the middle tooth, also similar to my wagtail (rubber secured by a crimp in the channel).

The above actions completely solved any issues I was having with the rubber missing solution, leaving lines/streaks, not being “detail free”, etc… It now performs as it should, and blades the solution off the glass completely as my square cut standard channels do (Ettore brass/superchannel, Unger).

I would recommend anyone having the same issues (leaving water just inside the ends, even on straight pulls) remove the small section of elevated plastic in the clips that pinch the rubber in place. I also believe this would fix rubber “shrinking” issues (I also have this) because the rubber wouldn’t be stretched, or need to be stretched, at any time while in the channel.

2 Likes