Liquidator + Rubbber

Hey guys!

I’ve seen many suggestions here which rubber to use in the liquidator.
What’s your favourite? What rubber gives you best result/less problems?

My favourite has been the Razr Red Rubber. I’ve seen many have written that it has become worse. I haven’t noticed that yet. Maybe my supplier still has old batches…

I have used Black Diamond but is has given me more problem then the red rubber.

Curious what you guys have to say about the matter! :v:

I use Ettore hard rubber in my Liquidators. It fits super snug, I don’t need to stick anything in the ends to keep the rubber in place. As long as I’m using lots of soap, they work awesome!

3 Likes

Also use ettore, and cut it a little longer than the original, 1-2 millimetre longer then the end clips.
Unger green clips instead of paper clips.
Works great for me.

1 Like

I tried the moerman soft and razer red(recent batch) couldn’t come to terms with it. Went back to unger hard. It’s the rubber i’v used the most with my unger ninja so thought it would be best for my moerman liquidator.

So far genuine Moerman is the only rubber that I’ve seen work in the liquidator 2.0 for me. I haven’t tried ettore or razr red in the 2.0 though.

The liquidator 1.0 worked with Black Diamond, razr red and genuine Moerman just fine.

Btw @JonathanB I had find out that “ade fönstersåpa” (Swedish window cleaning solution) works really good with the liquidator. Nice slip.
I have always used “yes citron” (dish soap lemon)
But tried this now, and like it. Not so much suds either. I bet you already tried it😄

My standard soap :grinning:

Many I see use hard rubber. I don’t live in a really hot climate, are you?
The rubbery isn’t to “stiff”?

I’m in Canada so no, I would not say it’s a very ‘hot’ climate here. Been using Ettore hard rubber since I started window cleaning and have always been happy with it. Just recently started using the liquidators last month though and was hoping that the Ettore hard rubber would do the trick. And so far it has been awesome, no complaints. On the other hand, I tried using the liquidators with the Moerman soft rubber that they came with and it was leaving lines and all kinds of unwanted stuff.

Could it be that I’m just used to using harder rubbers? Possibly. But hey, use what works for you!

1 Like

I stay in Scotland and I agree with what you said. I also tried the moerman soft that came with the moerman. I had the same result as you and I ended up going back to unger hard. Although others I know from the UK claim the moerman soft is great.

Moerman factory soft rubber = rubbish!

FaceLift RazorRed = Awesome!

Razor Red is the best with my Liquidator channels. Been using them for a few months now, and I love my Liquidators and Excelerators.

3 Likes

Great info guys!
If I one day will be disappointed on the Razr Red I will try Ettore Hard.

I always thought Ettore had only one type of rubber. At least that is all I’ve ever seen in the states. Folks here seem to consider it a medium rubber (I find it to be to soft for my climate in the southern US). In Canada do you actually have the option of hard or soft Ettore rubber? If Ettore actually has a hard rubber comparable to unger hard I would love to try it.

1 Like

I think you’re right buddy - there seems to be only one Ettore rubber. I checked their website and there they show Ettore Master Rubber and Ettore Soren (the rubber that can be used in Sorbo channel).

Sounds like something you could buy at ikea.

4 Likes

Haha
I’m sure you can get a hole window cleaning set from Ikea too😀

1 Like

You know what guys, I’m sorry I think I’m mistaken. You’re right, there is only one Ettore rubber. However, it is hard compared to Moerman soft rubber.

I’ll be in England next month. I’ll pick some up to give them a try.

It’s winter now in New Zealand, and have found that Facelift Razor Red reacts to the cold. Streaks badly (not due to human error) out of the sun, but works fine (no streaks) on the sunny side of the same house. I’d say from 5 degrees to zero and below this affect occurs. Why? I don’t know. It’s a hard rubber, so does it contract or expand? (I’m​ not big on science).

Perhaps its a quality issue. I don’t know either. This is the first batch of Razor Red I’ve ever had. Bought the rubber approx 6 months ago.

I am yet to try Ettore rubber in my Liquidator channels​.

Problem also with both, in a Liquidator channel, is cutting the angles​ correctly and flush consistently​. Any ideas on this anyone?

Have you thought of trying soft rubber in cold weather? Most in cold climates use soft in the winter.

I cut my rubber with it in the channel. No issues for me.

1 Like