Little Giant Ladder 22' - Thoughts

I think that’s the deciding factor for most, space available. We bought one and ended up returning it because of its weight. We just decided we wouldn’t use it enough to justify the expense. But we also have a truck and a cargo trailer with a ladder rack. Plenty of space to carry other options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

A couple factors made me choose the little giant. One was space as you have mentioned. I didn’t have or want a ladder rack on my truck at the time. Also when I went to the website for little giant, they offered a deal to split up the payments into $40 monthly payments. At the time that made it easier for me. All that said, I love it and use it every day. Since then, I have added a ladder rack to the truck and have a 24 and 28 ft extension ladder. But I still carry use LG.

Hey al IMO the best ladders to buy for window cleaning are
Sectional ladders made by allaco they are pricey but well worth the investment
They sell them here search danges thread on how he useses them
He knows what he is doing

Its great with the space saving. I have one in the back of my truck with topper (Dodge Ram), fits in perfectly. Also makes a great step ladder for window and lights in entry ways. When I bought mine, I had to ask myself " why didn’t I buy one sooner".

I swear by the Little Giant. I have two of that same model. They are extremely durable. Yes, they are [I][B]a bit[/B][/I] heavy, but especially if you aren’t a pee wee, it’s really no problem to move around all day. When it’s closed, just put your shoulder under the 4th rungs and go. I find the only true hassle can be carry it up stairs where you are close to delicate walls. You may at times have to walk with it in front of you for better control. The legs are 24" apart as opposed to the normal 18" for extension ladders. Carrying it down stairs is no problem at all. When fully extended it may seem rickety, but when you get beyond the center height and up to working height, you’ll find it is very sturdy.
Personally, the other one you showed doesn’t look as good. The feet look to have a harder rubber like the Gorillas have. They are horrible, IMO. So the price of $180 for a barely used LG of that size is a very good deal I think.

Say Majestic-Man…

Howdy, Alaco doesn’t make sectional ladders anymore…But you can buy Metallic Sectionals !

DangeMiester

I stand corrected, But sectionals are the way to go you know that. I understand if he is new to the business and cant afford them
4 pieces can do most houses. Hey dangerous i switched over to scrims an ecover after finding this forum. Scrims are great but im still
getting lint coming off of them any ideas why.

Hey Dange, I saw in one of your videos (I think it was your video correct me if im wrong)you where using keep aways for your sectionals (Mettalic) ladders do u have a link for me so i can buy them . Thanks Dange

I personally use a LG… Yeah it’s heavy and a good work-out some days. But i can get it into to places others won’t work. And use it’s flexibility to adapt to different terrain. Over bushes etc. it’s nice sometimes to walk up one side and down the other. I will also adapt and change as i move into wfp… As each has a personal pref. In what works for them and what they like or don’t like. About the tools they use or try out… Some we find… Wish i didn’t spend the money on that all !!

You should try using the scrim damp like a chamois, that really help cut the lent ! Why may be beacuse how you wash them , maybe with other type rags ! I dry mine now in the dryer, it don’t seem to hurt them and as you know the dryer helps pull off lint ! Below is a vid about dampening your scrim, it works great ! Though I do both dry and damp !

I’m not sure which vid your talking about , but they do sell the Metallic ladders here @ WCR…

//youtu.be/G8tUNjyTpXQ

I let them hang dry going to try putting them in the dryer ill try wet also . The video i was talking about was the one you did in front of the ferrari dealearship, But i just looked in wcr ladder accessories an your right they have stand aways just have to ask alex if they are good for sectionals. Thanks brother

The mettalic works great !..Your welcome , and I thank you for your +'s

Ranger-Danger

Hey Dange,
When I use a huck thats damp to detail a window, it tends to streak. How come a damp scrim doesnt?

Litely damp like in the video…It’s sort of like a chamois ! Works really good that way !

Dang-it

I’m scared to try, lol

Try it , I bet you’ll see the benefit of it ! But I never have much lint with my scrim and I use one for 2 or 3 days !

Major-Danger

How I roll

I assume you take the ladder off the roof when going in and out of the garage. :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

They are good as an A frame ladder. As for extension they can be time consuming setting up. A traditional extension ladder is much much faster. But to each his own

Has anyone used the Little Giant “Xtreme” latter?
What was your ideal size?
Any feedback?
Thanks.