Looking for good 10mm or 1/4 id hose UPDATED!

Weird that you say overpriced… I saw the price and thought it was a pretty good price for 100’

I think the reason you see the price and think ok thats fine is because many people already buy most products from the store and dont really shop around, thinking they need a window cleaning specific hose.

While at the end of the day a hose is a hose, which is something I discovered a few years ago when perry was trying to sell his hose at $7/meter which was joke in my eyes as I had just purchased 2 wire non marking high pressure hose which was less than the $7/meter that Perry wanted for his pvc hose.
The reason for the price was what the hose was able to do in the increased flow. But in reality I found I could source a almost identical hose for about $1.3/meter.

If I were to compare the price of the xero hose to the RX hose I buy the cost of the xero hose to me is $188 vs $45 so I could buy 400’ of the RX hose and still have $8 left so for me 4x the price is overpriced.
But you expect this any store that has to purchase stock will always have 100% mark up on stock, its down to them to source the best and cost effective stock, imo the xero specs fall short in direct comparison to the RX hose.

Also true, i can order that hose (or anything) from WCR and I’ll have it Tuesday… probably a perk of them being a 3 hour drive from me too

I agree it is on the expensive side. The hose material itself is a custom blend we developed with a manufacturer 6- 7 years ago. No memory doesn’t kink, etc…

The custom color pigments drive the cost up a bit, but really, since covid, the costs have almost doubled. ( our cost to get it in the door )

It does ship free and will last a super long time, though.

We are always trying to drive the costs down on things. Our XERO line of poles is the most affordable you can get in the USA. We have also been able to bring the costs of our purification systems down by about 30% in the past 2 years.

Its tough costs are going up on everything we sell. We are trying to manage it as best as possible.

sure love your xero line Chris, keep up the innovations, great stuff!

1 Like

Thanks! We have a bunch of new stuff coming out for 2024.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Got my sample of the new wcr hi flo hose a few days ago but i’m just getting over covid so i haven’t been doing much.
last night our temps went down to -16 c which is 3 f, well below freezing i left 3 different spool outside all night and uncoiled them this morning in -8c

i have been looking for a high-quality high-flow pole hose for a few years, i have tried air hose (i found some i like in 3/8 but not 1/4 or 10mm. i have tried hardware store stuff and 2 from different wfp suppliers. the first was from the company i bought my original 8 mm from in 2014 and it still works perfectly so when they were first i saw bring out their 10 mm “Hilflo” i expected a similar product in a larger diameter, wow what a disappointment, stiff, curly, did not lay flat, tangled easily and it was not cheap. i sold/traded it to a friend who has “gotten used to it”.
i tried another brand and it is no where near the quality of the original 8 mm i use but it does provide the flo and it is much cheaper, but i was still looking for the holy grail.
Enter the new high flow hose from WCR. a comeplete home run! iit was -16c -3 f last night and i left over night but they were all left out overnight spooled up in 3 f and unspooled in 17f, well below freezing. outstanding permormance in well below freezing for roll and unroll, lay flat, resist tangling, pinch off easily with comeplete reponing, no noticable memory after kinking or coiling, slightly soft surface provides great grip on pushfits.
not only is the performance hands down better but the wcr price is actually slightly lower that the chinese supplier. so is it expensive? that depends on your situation and point of view. i spend a lot of money on good products and i spend a lot on cheap products trying to find a cheap answer. over time i have won and lost on both types. the ones i regret the most are ones that others like but i don’t, i also do no tregret some of the cheap experiments that have failed but even some of those have helped me learn. my hose experiences have taught me there is now a proper alternative for serious window cleaners looking for higher volume pole hose designed to function properly in a professional setting. I don’t need the high flo hose for our setups with pumps but when we use a filter the difference is delightful! by the way one of my filters is still the original wash it pro with it’s original hose i got in early 2014 (now known as the zero pure).

THANK YOU CHRIS AND THE REST OF WCR!

1 Like