Looking for the most efficient WFP Brush

Our main truck averages 150 windows a day. We have had the IPC Eagle Dual Jet Nylon Speed Brush on that truck for 2 years now and it is still in good working condition. I just ordered another Speed Brush from WCR yesterday for our other system. We have been using multiple Gardiner brushes on that setup, which they did the job, but my guys prefer the speed brush.

I recommend you guys check out WFPing with steel wool. I made a video on Periscope on how we do it.
https://katch.me/Superiorpwc/v/8235235e-5478-3a33-8e79-b4962a001e59

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the information Kyle, good videoā€¦
Nice shop!

Cool, thanks for the video Kyle! Our process has been similar except using bronze wool on a reach around on the pole. I did not realize you could buy steel wool in a role like that. Iā€™ll have to grab some for the more stubborn jobs. I was hoping to go brush only on almost all jobs, but maybe that is not going to be possibleā€¦

Good idea Iā€™ve doing the same thing from the get go with a white pad or steel wool pad on a unger pad holder sometimes s little ecover mix on the white pad. I like the steel wool idea though on a T-bar

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to remember to post a video of how we use it on the jobsite.

@Casey_A We have thought about buying bronze wool for it (its $225.00 a roll) Although it wouldnt rust, i dont think it would hold up to the abuse the scrubber gets every day. We Steel Wool Scrub every window we WFP. And after a long day that steel wool is beat down pretty good. The supply cost of buying the rolls breaks down to less than a $1 a day for us.

@Majestic66 We tried using pads (White pads, Steel Wool Pads, Boars Hair Pads) and also a steel wool sleeve that slips over a triumph scraperā€¦ the results didnt even come close to what wrapping steel wool around the T bar produced. So far its the most efficient, cost effective, and produces the highest quality than any other method we can come up with.

1 Like

Thanks! its a mess right now as we are starting to get busy

Make it rain ā€œchaosā€ then! make that money!

2 Likes

Cool canā€™t wait to try it.

Would bronze wool work just as well?

Yes but itā€™s expensive

Whats your periscope name to follow

Personal is kstafford32
Business is superiorpwc

I just heard of itā€¦how do you set it up? is there a post I can read up on it?

https://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l5-portable-tankless-water-heater/

Itā€™s actually easier to set up than it looks. Just put it after your filtration or your supply tank pump. It runs on very little propane so you could get away with even a small tank. I think I got 20 hours of use out of one 25 pound tank.

Hereā€™s a video of us using it even through a backpack sprayer. Hot Water WFP Window Cleaning - Eccotemp L5 - YouTube

We use it for heavy duty 1st cleans or for subfreezing temperatures.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Whatā€™s your email? Iā€™d like to ask you more questions if possible.

For sure. Questions welcome. [email protected]

I totally agree - I am going to make a video on this soon -

As far as agitation is concerned, the bigger width of the brush reduces the number of strokesā€¦ Strokes are time, and time is money!

Imagine if you could cut a brush to match a window, like we do our channelsā€¦ Then you are one set of strokes per window.

Well, you can - CONSTRUCTOR BRUSH is an extruded Aluminum channel - you can cut it to size.

Imagine if you could rinse with a straight pull, the full width of the window.

Well, you can - CONSTRUCTOR BRUSH has a rinse bar with jets 1" apart and bristle blades that prevent the water flowing through the brush - so you end up with a ā€˜bladeā€™ of pure water above the bristles.

Whilst itā€™s far from perfect, CONSTRUCTOR BRUSH is delivering 2-3 times faster cleaning than Broom-style Brushes (for those that have the patience to invest time, to save time)

Iam

This is my dilemma - and I accept it -

We are going to make a Broom-style brush again - so we can meet the ā€˜ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALLā€™ approach.

What is the best Broom-style Brush, and how would you alter or improve it?

On another note, itā€™s sad that we have a profession, but no education to warrant it - this is at the core of how we treat our teams - they need to be given simple solutions because there is no education system to empower them to make better tool decisions on the flyā€¦

Thatā€™s what we dreamed of for ACCELR8 TRAINING.

2 Likes

I agree Perry. Itā€™s a very heavy brush. But it also has some of the most aggressive scrubbing power of any brush available.

The original poster is looking for a solution to increase efficiency in that heā€™s trying to clean stubborn stains by possibly eliminating the multiple steps. Iā€™m offering him a solution with this heavy heavy duty brush.

1 Like

Can you please explain how having this brush in your arsenal for agressive cleaning is going to ā€œbind you to a (maximum) lower hourly rateā€. I personally have used this heavy wfp brush to make hundreds of dollars an hour.

http://www.thewindowcleaningstore.com/collections/waterfed-poles/products/bro-radius-10-brush

Weā€™re talking about the need for an aggressive cleaning brush. The Constructor brush is being sold as a one pass brush which obviously is in a whole different category of extremely frequent maintenance cleaning. Thereā€™s no comparison. In fact, I have yet to come across a job that is a one pass job. They donā€™t exist in my market.