Lost our First

Lost our First job ever due to non signing of Fabricating debris waiver today.

$1200 ish job…

The lady was an insurance agent, she got a little crazy and through us off the property… Kinda weird… But much better than working with out the waiver.

wAY TO STICK TO YOUR GUNS MAN! I thought I was gonna have one this week too, but the dude signed. Our job was for a commercial strip center and the maintenance guy was baulking at the contract and the waiver, but the property owner in California signed off and we got it. I agree, its better to not get a job because of it than not have it when needed.

When they react that way you know the waiver saved you a headache customer!

I just did some math … we’ve had this waiver in place for years … so you got figure this is 1 out of like 10,000 residential jobs ( probably more than that) that didnt sign…

Those are pretty good odds and should show everyone there is NO reason to not get the waiver signed. You basically wont lose any work because of it… Or a very tiny percentage.

I will also note we’ve probably scratched about 50-100 windows sense this waivers been in place… I would hate to have paid for those.

For anybody not using one you can get one at the bottom of this page:

http://www.windowcleaner.com-a.googlepages.com/fabricatingdebris

That also seems to be a pretty low percentage of panes scratched. I notice many more scratched panes than that on my route work.

No kidding! How professional was that? Looks like you dodged a bullet there.

Hey John

that you caused? Or preexisting?

I don’t cause any scratches. Fabricating debris causes scratched glass.

That being said, I’ve noticed probably over 100 panes in the last 2 years that have scratched under my razor. I don’t have an exact count. It’s only been in the last 2 years that I’ve known to look for them though. I’ve been at this 12 years. If the average holds up, that’d be 600+ panes that have scratched under my razor.

Probably 90% of my route work has scratched glass…many of which have never had my razor on the glass.

I love that line John! :wink:

I’m extremely careful about what I say and how I say it, especially on the internet.

Sorry to hear that Chris, but of course, you did the smart/right/best thing.

Since you mentioned this lady was an insurance agent…

Ya think she may have been aware of the possibility of garbage glass being installed and wanted to use your insurance to get the glass replaced?

Insurance agents are in the business of protecting people - the wavier should have been common procedure to her. If she didn’t agree with it, she should have just declined, not almost through you off the property. Sounds like her plan just didn’t work the way she wanted it too.

Then again, maybe she just had a bad day.

As people become more aware of fabricating debris, don’t be surprised to see this tactic used though.

Chris,
Most construction cleans throw me off their property because of price. I dont even get a chance to whip out a waiver:D

P.S. I hate CCU with a passion…

chris, how much glass have you ever bought ??? i know of wc that are not in the buss. today !! funny my lawyer thought my ins. would pay for this !!! not even close !! then i had to bend the arm for the bloune lawyer to prove that she had fb !! so if they take the fb wavier and read about it, only then will they understand it !! you didn’t buy new glass !!! stan

Do you still have those customers? Was there difficulty after the fact even with the waiver signed?

I believe for the most part yes they are still with us… It so hard to tell for sure though. Peoples WC habits vary greatly. As you know sometimes people only get there windows don once every 3 years… once every 2 years…

And never forget, as John pointed out, we don’t scratch glass GANA and FD do!

You know you have hit the big time when you get thrown off the property!!! And you sure did save yourself a headache, it would have been worse if you were halfway throught the job.

bill harkins
mr b all pro window cleaning