Luxury Market

Just getting introduced to luxury home window cleanings and not much experience under my belt either. Hoping there are some words of the wise regarding these homes (7,000sq ft+). Mainly, I’m curious about accessing difficult windows indoors and ways to mitigate the scrapes or bumps on people’s walls/cabinets/etc…? Other thoughts?

Take it slow, be aware of your surroundings, move things out of the way or request ahead of time that the customer make windows accessible or those windows are marked un-cleanable. Put down large towels or drop cloth. Use step stools or extension poles to access large out of reach windows. Charge accordingly.

As for scrapes and bumps, step ladders when possible and buy ladder mitts for any ladder that needs to go against a wall. Learn to use a pole for high windows.

Also ladder mitts can leave a mark, wrap a huck towel or similar around mitts with a rubber band. :wink:

My understanding is you’re new to cleaning windows, correct? I would tell someone with minimal experience this: start on smaller homes first, you may find that you’ll make decent money on average without so many liability concerns. Less stress about breaking something is also worth something in my mind.

And if you are determined to start with such large homes, get insurance first, get it anyway in fact.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who commented! Great advice on asking clients to move things prior and using rubber bands to attach towels to ladder tips. Although new to cleaning, in general, I have already learned to go slowly. Insurance is another great piece of advice, going to look into that now. Cheers to you all, Happy New Year!

Taxing to clean but decently profitable if you know what you’re doing.

I get my share of these every year. They can be good money, but they can be exhausting too.

My favorite homes are the cookie cutter houses that I can get in and out of in a couple hours and leave with about $300-$400 bucks.

I have some clients with giant victorian style mansions and they usually take me a full day to do solo, and at the end of the day I am spent.