Malcom

Hey Malcom, Hope that you and yours weren’t near any of that earthquake action today. Thinking of you folks up that way.

Thanks for asking.

The epicenter of the 7.2 was about 120 miles away, right next to Anchorage, our biggest city. Lots of damage there but no deaths.

My house had a good lateral shake for about 40 long seconds then a 7 second aftershock later. No damage to my house. REAL glad I wasn’t roofwalking or doing ladder work.

We had tsunami warnings and sirens going off but thankfully there was no tsunami. Ironically I was getting ready to take my dog to the beach. I had just started shaving after getting out of the shower and was in my birthday suit. I experienced many earthquakes growing up in the geologically volatile Aleutian Islands but I was always dressed for the occasion. My big dog got scared and barged into the bathroom while I was trying to get my boxers and long pants on. I wanted to be able to evacuate my wife if it got worse. She was still doing her home dialysis treatment.

My brother in Anchorage had a variety of small items broken in his home. It took him 2 1/2 hours to get home due to damaged roads and overpasses and no power. He had to pull his car off the road when it started, another first for him.

2 Likes

WOW, so good to know that all is well afterwards. This Florida boy has never experienced such a thing, but hurricanes have a tendency to get my attention when they don’t head the other way.

2 Likes