Moerman Excelerator - All New (no longer new)

Thanks for the information.

That’s what I have been experiencing over the last 2 days also. I’m going to keep at it until I can feel efficient with the tool. It’s the only tool until then, I’m stubborn that way! :wink:

I hope your bicep heal up soon, work smart.

1 Like

:slight_smile: answered you on your YT Video Marcus and I reiterate that these handles are NOT cheap plastic. To work optimally they don’t have to be bashed and smashed around. They are designed for precision blading and it you want an example of how they should be used then check out the co-designer and long term tester PolznBladz YT channel. My original prototype is nearly 5 months old now and still going strong. Used on a pole 90% of the time. Instead of automatically assuming it’s ‘cheap’ plastic it’s more helpful to share what you were doing when it split.

Well,I’m speaking from experience and I have use unger and wag handles over 10 years going on some of my older handles. It has been dropped while still on the pole and never had a handle split on me. It’s just not heavy duty compared to others. I’m sorry if people got offended but for me I guess I’ll have to baby it for now on when I get my new handle.

I used it today for close to 7 hours on a house. I really like it!

What handle are you using with the Liquidator 2.0 channel?

The new swivel and degree handle.

3 Likes

Like it ?!

I post this a few messages up…

I like the channel, the handle is okay, the flip pad is great for store front uppers and big panes of glass. But for residential I dont care for the excelerator as a whole, so far.

So what im saying…

1. Storefront it a good tool.

2. Residential I dont care for it, so far

I’m going to keep at it until I can feel efficient with the tool. It’s the only tool until then, I’m stubborn that way! :wink:

Not sure if it would contribute to the crack, but my understanding is that this tool was designed to be used with a moerman tip. I do not have one and use my excelerator on my cheapo Lowes Ettore pole, and it is a very tight fit. Wonder if that fit puts too much pressure on the plastic. Just throwing the idea out there.

Edited to say, it looks like Polzn Bladz already made that suggestion on your your youtube video comments. And to @anon35812390’s point, Bob (Polzn Bladz) is the guy who pioneered the design of this tool. Nobody on the planet has more panes of glass cleaned with this tool.

Regardless, you do great work with it. I’d drop a few bucks on a moreman tip and keep cranking out the panes.

2 Likes

Nice ! I use just for store front

1 Like

Cool. I didn’t use the flip pad yet. I just used it as a hand tool today.

Keep at it Steve!

1 Like

The flip pad works great for large panes of glass or store front glass, Its a little awkward to use indoors on residential windows

Thanks Chad!

Let me know what you think when you do use the flip pad with the handle.

Just got mine. Decided to practice with a window at home. It’s the tool I need, but don’t deserve. Amazed with the pivoting feature.

4 Likes

I will. Might play around with it on Sat

1 Like

Already did that,thanks.

So whats everyone opinion on the excelerator?

i like it, i had trouble with the blue clips on the liquidator 2.0 so we swapped out for a 1.0 channel and it works much better

1 Like

how do you like the handle? I noticed in a pic you posted a while back you had the liquidator channel in a pulex handle…

I dig it real good!
The angle adjustment makes it so great for a swiveltool.
I use it also as a hand tool and it works great. Especially after I put ducktape on the channel after Lukes advice.
I now choose between Excelerator handle with liquidatorchannel or Sorbo Quicksilver channel - it all depends on the window at the job.

1 Like

Yes, Thanks.

1 Like

I got mine last week, only complaint is with the crappy rubber tbh, I’ll put an ettore uncut in it tomorrow and see how it goes, like it fixed as a hand tool use it for resi and commercial and swivel on a pole.

1 Like