Moerman Excelerator - All New (no longer new)

Lol

Used to do this with my Wag channels… firmed up the ends nicely.

The one thing that should be noted with our standard channel mods is that with the sharp points because of the dogged 45° care has to be excercised on frame edges and the pane itself that the tip never ‘digs’ … they can be treacherous beasties. No such issues with Liquidator clips. The plastic gives total confidence.

3 Likes

You have a point my friend.

But challenges make life fun…

…live out side your comfort zone!

1 Like

That’s kind of what I was getting at when I asked if you had any normal squeegees.

I personally see the new liquidator as a super high performance tool. Being new as you are, you still probably have a good amount of progress you can make with regular gear. Even though the old standbys are not exactly glamorous, you can still learn a lot from them.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, Steve. I’ve been managing tbh. I discovered right off the get-go that the angle to the glass had to be shallower; whereas my ninja needed the handle about 3 inches from the glass, the liquidator needed about 2. I have a feeling the other issues are from the rubber (ettore) being stretched in weird ways.

I started with ninjas… Looks like i just can’t resist beginner-unfriendly squeegees lol. I have a set of “normal” squeegees too. After hearing how everyone is struggling I’m realizing that my difficulties weren’t just due to being a beginner, but also just that the liquidator is finicky. I just want the most user-friendly, efficient setup possible, so if it takes tons of modifying either the equipment or the standard technique I’m not sure it’s worth it to me. Especially with the thought of training others one day, it needs to be simple and repeatable.

2 Likes

So do not use a Moerman Liquidator or excelerator .
We use wide body channels Sorbo also Australian version Eureka Quad Pro.
Oh the squeegee rubber is Baron 4 side rubber.
This is what we did and works just as good as any.
Plus you do not have to change the way you use it. (Technique)

Thank you all for the information shared in this thread. I love my 18" Moerman Excelerator with a few mods. I found that I needed extra pressure on the glass with the end clips bent in stock, so I boiled the end clips and straightened them out.

I also measured the channel to apply tape to the channel to keep it from moving side to side. The channel’s full length turns out to be 17.5". I put a 2" peice of athletic tape in the middle to make sure it’s secure.

With some use, I still found the rubber to move just enough to leave a patch, so I used my Sorbo clips on the underside of the Liquidator clips, and it has proven magic. Pic below:

With this, it’s great for big upper panes with the pole a little longer than usual and the angle set at 25deg.

I’ve been using a blue consumer grade Unger pole that works better than a wooden cone, but the excelerator handle still starts to spin on the plastic cone after a few hard closeouts, especially closeouts to the side. Has anyone found a good pole to use that allows a button to fit in the Moerman handle?

1 Like

No. Moerman not very user friendly with most poles. Hopefully he changes this.

Fits my unger optiloc perfectly, button goes right in the small hole and no movement whatsoever.

2 Likes

The handle plastic is so thin, I’m afraid of cracking it if I jam it on there too hard. Maybe I’ll commit one of my poles to just the excelerator and gorilla glue it on there; Leave the Fliq in the bucket. I my wagtail in hand for anything I can reach, so that could be a possible solution. I just don’t want to glue my new squeegee to a pole lol.

4 Likes

Nice… Thanks.

1 Like

Sounds like you took the tips in this thread and applied them to make your experience with this tool good, im happy to hear it!

1 Like

sooooo…you like to watch???

is the the line it leaves off the leading tip of the rubber? i told my partner today that i’d give $100 to the man who can fix this for me

Thin ani’t the word. Lol. Trust me, I’ve had more problems than a little bit.

I should know. I learned the hard way, if you’ve watched my videos.

Lol. You’re funny.

I think we are talking about different things.

Lines off the leading tip I had always heard them called rainbows. They happen when you spin the squeegee too fast and move too much water at once, or when you are on hydrophilic glass where the excess water bleeds up.

The streaks I got from the liquidator 2.0 were about an inch wide and came from underneath the end clips, not off the tip.

“I dont think the Ettore brass clips would allow for a 45-deg cut without modifying the channel & clips together.”

this allows you to use the clips regularly

3 Likes

That picture belongs in this thread

2 Likes