Moerman Excelerator Transport Issues

LOL. You guys really need to come down off your high horse. You’re assuming (always fraught) from that pic that it signifys ‘low standards’. FYI in NZ at the moment it is Spring and right in the middle of pollen season. This was post the final commercial job of the day. Detailing cloths had been thrown into bucket as had a filthy sill cloth. The illustrated bucket is my exterior bucket for commercial pole work. I have a small Ettore bucket for all internal commercial and domestic. 20 litres of water is ample as most water is available on site both Commercial and domestic. I too, as do most business owners I believe, have ‘high standards’ so an open question to the forum without directly posing a question to the poster I think is somewhat patronising. However if it would bring this thread back on topic I’d be quite happy to steam clean and polish all of the equipment, launder my pads and cloths and re photograph under sympathetic studio lighting … :slight_smile:

9 Likes

looked quite good water there,least its got bubbles on the surface . my buckets never leave the van and with a crew the water doesnt get changed unless its got floaters in it! i quite often say at the end of the day as i tip the whole kaboosh out of the van “geesh that waters really took a beating hasnt it”

3 Likes

is the AUS/NZ moerman bucket same colour as the UK ones which is black? id think the black and blue combo tool set up might be very fetching. if you wore sky blue shoes …

that gleaming yellow bucket really looks the biz Eric however . im still holding onto green18 litre Unger buckets with the rusty handle feature

1 Like

16 -24 gallons ? Damn Aquafina! How many jobs do you do in a day ?

1 Like

No Moerman in NZ at all Jonny. But yep the black one is available from Oz. My yellow one is a cheapie that replaced (and is actually better than) a well used and abused Ettore Super Bucket. It was getting pretty scruffy and wasn’t presenting me to a ‘high standard’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

from what i read on the net youv some unusual stuff down there .is your yellow bucket an “oates” ?

that Oates brand, how dyou pronounce that? is it oats or oatees ? the oat translucent window cleaners bucket for starters . and who is/was mr oates, will we ever know…

was your ettore super bucket one of the older type? . someone told me older type was much better ,impossible to break ,i can bleve that. the older unger buckets dont crack like the newer ones do.

Oates.co.au they’ve been around for years serving Australasia with janitorial supplies and Moerman seem to have a close relationship with them. No my bucket is a “no name” one but to me seems identical to the Sabco bucket that Peter Erken does on his site.

Yep, bought it about 10 years ago. Almost identical to the older green Unger. A very durable and long lasting plastic. I have to say my new one will probably not last that long. Thinner and harder. More prone to splitting if dropped methinks.

1 Like

you could sell your old ettore on ebay . good price. a while ago i sold a zero degree unger squeegee [old sort] on ebay to someone abroad. fetched good price and later others contacted me trying to see if id more ! iv moved on anything that i dont use on Ebay, usually i big-up the heritage of said item "used professionally " blah blah

back to buckets a while ago i contemplated on getting a metal bucket, saw one somewhere when browsing for a mop , hmmm, old school ,nickel plated, that shine will go soon and the dull patina will look good , let take a look see - hey by golly the seams are soldered .

2 Likes

Funny, i was actually thinking of getting these for the winter and immediately thought, “Oooo these will match my excelerator!”

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016Z027A4/ref=twister_B012U7VB0S

(Especially the view from underneath)

4 Likes

Did you just call him Aquafina? Call me Evian… I don’t even know wtf a Crystal Geyser is?

2 Likes

Great he (Bob) is listening and taking note of customer feedback. That’s what I like to here.

Columbia make some good products I have a few items made by them.

2 Likes

No Moerman gear (at least to my present knowledge) is being sold by any retailers in New Zealand.

Australia, (Oates I think is the main importer), yes!

New Zealand, no! It stinks!

No one specializes (properly) in PROFESSIONAL window cleaning gear. There’s few shops/suppliers who sell a particular brand, or maybe a few with bits and pieces from Sorbo and Pulex and Ettore (never the full spectrum of kit though) together, but you won’t get a store like JRacenstien (or many of the other QUALITY suppliers who SPECIALIZE from the States or the UK) who carry Unger, Sorbo, Ettore, Pulex, Moerman, Wagtail, (plus others) all in one store. Plus they are only now just getting carbon fiber waterfed poles into a few shops up and down the country (mainly cheap made in China - fall to bits - clamps break in two months - junk) and DI/RO filtration units. The QUALITY gear, you have to buy from overseas with all the added expense.

It’s a really sad sad situation. Weep for us.

1 Like

Their color (black and cyan) fits with my uniform.

4 Likes

do the windows in NZ open inwards or outwards ? youre rite the moerman gear would compliment your work clothing .

Why use buckets at all??
When it comes to doing store front rounds.
This is what we use no more humping heavy buckets of water.
Holds everything you need including your washing solution.