Moerman Excelerator Transport Issues

For those who are accustomed (like myself) to using BOAB (Bucket On A Belt) systems, such as, Pulex, Unger Ninja, Moerman, Wagtail Hip Dipper (or the like), and now have in your possession the much revered Moerman Excelerator in what way are you carrying it around (transporting it) on the job?

• In the bucket?
  • In the bucket on a tray?
  • By hand?
  • BOAB?
  • None of the above?

The reason I ask, is because I haven’t owned (though have used briefly) a Wagtail squeegee, so I’m not used to pivoting type tool’s yet, but plan to purchase the aforesaid Excelerator soon. So doing my homework before buying. Thanks.

Any thoughts, tips, etc welcome.

Bucket…

8 Likes

Nice setup!

2 Likes

I second that.

I bought a 22" rectangular bucket years back, and it initially put me off this type of bucket. I found it unbalanced, heavy, and swayed a lot when I carried it (worried that it was gonna spill all the time).

But I haven’t tried different sizes. Perhaps the 22" was to big (to long). How are the 18" buckets to carry?

I think if the 22" was wider, it would be the same as an 18" with similar dimensions. My 18" sloshes and spills more easily compared to a round bucket due to it’s oblong nature (waves).

I keep my swivel action tools on the hooks on my bucket, or on my pole, and break out the hand tools for what I can reach.

1 Like

Does it not fit in the Moerman BOAB? If that’s the case then I say SERIOUS design flaw.

I definitely wouldn’t purchase if I have to completely change the way I do things.

Of course it will fit in a normal Boab and even if it didn’t how would that be a serious design flaw? I don’t think they will have said “fantastic tool and design but it doesn’t fit perfectly in our BOAB, we better not produce it”.

1 Like

@anon35812390 From the posts above it seemed as though he was saying it didn’t fit in a BOAB. I own a Moerman BOAB and love it. I would hope that all their squeegees fit in the in the product they designed to carry them in.

No need to be so defensive. It wasn’t a personal attack.

It will fit. The thing is if you take the washer pad off and the just try to slide the tool into a squeegee tube with the pad clips on its very tight.

I agree . I use one but we always carry 8 gallons of fresh water with us

2 Likes

Phew, I take a pic at the end of a work day to show how I travel with my kit and you assume that’s the only water I use? Remind me next time to empty, scrub and refill prior to taking an illustrative pic. FYI my bucket is emptied and refreshed on a regular basis and like Luke I carry premixed solution in a seperate 20 litre vessel. sheesh!

3 Likes

Never for a moment considered it a personal attack. My point is that if you want the Excelerator (or a Wagtail for that matter) adaptions need to be made. The Boab has been around for longer than Liquidator channels and the Excelerator and when produced were designed for the tools at that time. You want a perfectly fitting BOAB for the new tools then you’ll need to modify (as you needed to for Wags) or DIY a bespoke one. But, watch this space. Bob is on the case… :slight_smile:

Dayum skipper. You just like to hurt feelings. Haha

I totally agree. When i show up to one of my guys and see that “especially interior” I freak!