Moerman Liquidator Squeegee

So I really like this squeegee, but it seems the rubbers wear out quick along the edges and leave lines when fanning. Has anyone else had this problem?

yes

Get the black diamond hard rubber. It’s the best rubber with the liquidator.

May I ask how you cut your rubber? After trying scissors, a 1" and 4" scraper and finding they leave little imperfections on the rubber that leave marks on glass when fanning, I have moved onto one of my wife’s large and sharp kitchen knives. Seems to work a lot better.

I find the lines go away after an hour or so of steady window cleaning. The lines I found did not leave marks on the glass as I made sure my water was clean as can be with a little less soap than usual, maybe this helped.

I just love my 14" Liquidator squeegee. I use it for exterior/interior residential and interior commercial.

The squeegee works better for me after I soaked the end clips in boiling water and bent them back a touch to lessen the severe angle of the dog ear.

any lines the squeegee leaves will become visible in the right light.

Im having the same problem, even using the black diamond. Thank god for microfiber and scrims

Ronan cutting tool makes it easy. J.Racenstein 301 Multi-Cut XP-1 Cutting Tool Ronan Sale, Reviews. - Opentip

I use Black Diamond rubber in my liquidators without issue. I tried first with the hard compound and it left lines, requiring too much pressure to compensate. Switching to soft has greatly mitigated that problem.

The Black Diamond website says their soft compound is designed for use up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit, beyond that the hard is recommended.

1 Like

PolznBladz recommends adding a dab of soap to your strip washer or directly to the glass to get the best result with the Liquidator (as opposed to having soapy water in your bucket).

1 Like

I had the same problem even with brand new rubbers with no wear. I realized I was cutting the rubber too short and that was leaving lines. Cut it just a little longer then the end clip and you will be fine. If that’s what your having problems with. Soap never changed anything for me. Nor how perfectly cut my rubbers were… It ws just the length that was off. Hope this helps many.

+1

The best method I’ve found for fanning in general, and especially with the liquidator, is to wet and wring out your strip washer in plain water, then put two drops of pure soap directly on the washer just a few inches apart.

Agreed, Ive just got done working out some issues on my home glass, and really up the amount of Ecover in my solution and great results…so far…

What though if gg4 is used and not dish soap? Since I use gg4, straightening the clips even with the channel has mostly worked for me. But i will try a few of these suggestions…thanks.

U do want to cut it a little longer than normal. I find the black diamond tends to shrink a little after I’ve slide in in and work it a little I think it naturally stretches. I just cut with sharp scissors

I’m trying to figure out what the difference is between detailing an 1/8th inch of water vs. a 1/12th sort of thing. What’s the deal? I detail either way. Sometimes a bit more water helps…

Good point. Sometimes I “fake” it. If I have an owner that is always eyes on, I give them a show. I duck and weeve like a prize fighter reaching up to remove an imaginary spot on the glass. It gives them a fuzzy wuzzy feeling and you are the champion of glass in thier eyes. I don’t over do it by any means but I know for a fact that a little showmanship has gotten me tons of business and many happy customers.

3 Likes

This is a very funny and true statement! Have you ever felt the eyes of the owner on you as he/she stand in some far part of the room, taking in the work of the professional window cleaner? I am like you, I put on a little extra mustard into my fanning and be sure to coordinate my strip washer to catch the water in unison with the squeegee.

Very funny statement there… well said bro. I am still imagining the sound of my fingernail squeaking on clean glass removing a “spot”… LoL!! … sure that sound is music to the ears of the customer…