Moerman Stainless Steel Channels

Have any of you used Moerman’s stainless steel channels? Are they comparable to unger s channels? Will they work in an ergotec handle?

Moerman handle works on Unger channels, so I’d imagine it’s the same deal in reverse.

1 Like

Yes they do

I allow my employees to get the tools they want, one wanted to try it but the plastic ends wore fast.

Handle broke in one week too.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s good to know. It would make sense for them to be interchangeable then. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the difficulty I’ve had getting liquidator channels in an ergotec handle, (maybe they make them thicker on account of being aluminum); I know they don’t have the notches for teeth… but I wanted to make it work. So I wasn’t sure if maybe the jaws on the unger didn’t open as far as on moerman handles.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m asking about the plain Jane stainless channels(I didn’t think the had any end clips :grimacing:). I could see how the plastic tips on the liquidator channels could wear out with hard use; I’ve been fairly gentle with mine so far…

Both of those factors contribute to the difficulty. The moerman handles allow more leverage on the tab to open the jaws. Ergo-tec handles can be rather stiff to open, I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

Hmmmm… I might have to just give one of their ergonomic handles a try. I’m not so keen on 40 degree for a hand tool, but perhaps I can adapt.

1 Like

Just got my Moerman ergonomic handle with an 18" Moerman stainless steel channel. For any one wondering the moerman channels work perfect with the unger ergotec handles and visa versa( not sure about working with the unger Visa Versa®, or that I should have made a pun :grimacing:). The quality of both the channel and the handle do seem a bit lower than the ungers, in my opinion. This perceived difference in quality could just be the obvious difference in weight(gauge of metal used). I’m from that “Is it heavy? Then it’s expensive” mentality. The moerman is definitely lighter than its unger equivalent, but that could prove to be a good thing.

1 Like

:heart: Jurassic Park

1 Like