Most Efficient Flyer Distribution Method

Sean speaking of marketing how do you get your GL Ad to look so good? Ive tried the photobucket thing with uploading but mine looks bad. And how do you post so many?

Many, as far as the ads on CL, I really couldn’t tell you, other than it’s html coding. My wife knows about that stuff so she handles it all. It’s mostly foreign to me.

She posts a new ad soon after the old one falls off the first page.

When things are slow like they have been in jan and feb, I do flyer work. I like the blue painters tape idea as it is more professional than dropping the card on the doormat or sliding it in the door crack.

I am in Oklahoma.

Flat and windy part of oklahoma.

Yeah… it sticks. Sometimes on windy days you have to use a large piece all the way across the back of the flier to make sure it doesn’t fly off.

How well has this worked for you? It seems like some might take offense to this, might seem like you’re littering. Then again, you might just draw some extra attention… have you tested it out in any big numbers yet?

I remember 2 calls I have got over the years from people that said “I noticed your flier blowing across my lawn”

Luckily they liked what they seen and signed up.

Has anyone done direct mailing? What is the success rate?

Count on a 1% response rate.
Anything beyond that is lagniappe.

I gotta get to NOLA!

Last year we did direct mail using post cards at a bulk rate. We acquired slightly over 200 customers by mailing out 6000 post cards. Well worth the effort and cost. We are doing the same thing this year.

This thread reminds me when we first started our company. We handed out door knockers. I will never forget trudging through neighborhoods hanging those darn things and hoping I didn’t get bit by the neighbors dog.
That first year we netted about 90 customers and made a whopping 12k. I remember thinking this is not going to feed my family. We stuck with it however and know I often think " Why didn’t I start this business 20 years ago?"

200 for 6000 cards is extremely good and rarely achieved (this is a first I have seen results like this). Heck at $150 a sale that would be $30,000

I would say that was incredible and tell you to mail 12,000 next time.

Do you have the card on file to share here? I understand if you don’t want to.

I’m way South … you can PM a copy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On average the sale was 85.00$ The post card also entitled the bearer a 10% discount on the initial service.
On another note here in Western P.A. some window cleaners are still charging a 1.00 per res window, I am not kidding! We try to target the higher end neighborhoods and charge 2.25$ to 3.000$ per avg. window. We are one of the higher priced window cleaning companies in our area. The low ballers seem to be guys working sectionals out of the back of their Cavaliers and working at Wal Mart or some other place in the evening. I don’t begrudge these guys trying to make a living but almost have to laugh when a potential client wants me to match their price.
I will ask Lynn to download the post card we use and post for you all.

So is the $85 for the average in and out cleaning?

Noble Window Cleaning

Noble Window Cleaning Post Card, second try

[COLOR=“Black”]I walk when I do them myself, but right now I have a guy I pay $160 per 2,500 flyers that he put up for me. I tried commission per job booked twice but it didn’t work out.[/COLOR]

I have to disagree with the owner not passing out flyers or washing windows…I get A LOT of business when my crew and I pass out flyers, we’re in the neighborhood, why not? I would rather project a professional business image to potential customers myself, than having to rely on some kids/teenagers promoting my business for me. I, as the owner, wash windows too, I dont see the benefit of paying one more person when I can do the job, and trust me, more gets done when I’m on the job and gets done the way it should be done. But my company probably isnt as large as some of your companies, so what works for me may not be best for someone else.

Is that per side of a pane or boths sides?