Most Efficient Flyer Distribution Method

a side note, my distributor will print black on colored paper for about .03 ea

So I could have 5000 made and delivered for $350… that my friends is cheap advertising.

That’s good…average cost for a B&W print .06 ea.
when I used to sell copiers I could print for .01 color and .005 B&W!!! I kind wished I worked there part time just for the printing side.

I use a business called Money Mailer. They are a flier distributor in my area and have the area broken into many different zones. Each Zone contains 10,000 residences. My cost for a full-color a5 add in one zone is $445. If I jump to two zones, the price falls to $360 per zone. If my math is right thats $0.036/each house. Not bad, especially when you consider that you can pick the prime zones for huge homes.

Wow, this is great info! :eek: But I cant find any distributers on the google or in the yellow pages. Any suggestions on how else I may find them in my area?

:wink:www.moneymailer.com

Perhaps the local newspaper(s).

what area(s) are you targeting?

Not in my area.

You mean they would know? Or distribute through them?

Mid to upper-class and the elderly if that’s what you mean.

no, I mean where

Both.

What type of fliers are used by everyone? I have seen both simple one paged fliers with mostly just a number on it, and then I have also seen more elaborate flier that has color, pictures, prices, and even folded as a brochure. Has anyone seen what works better, or does anyone have a preference to the type of flier used?

I have tested and tested, I have not recieved any more response off of using color (same flier not colored). I do find that when I use a high quality flier I get a lot less calls questioning my company… like never. (are you insured, how long in business, etc)

I only do color on gloss paper now, but it is more image than effective. It is not much more to look better and more importantly, stand out.

anyone ever think about roller blades? might get house to hour faster i am going to try them when i get my first set of flyers next week. I also have a vespa type scooter to flyer the high end neighborhoods.

I’ve thought about that. I’d rather just pay a few kids 10 cents a pop to do it though.
I don’t have time to put out fliers.

for sure pay some kids to do this

shell out $30 and work on your business

I have a remaining count ~ 4k of door hangers with the little hole punched out on top . I get an ok response rate but Paul has already given me excellent direction on how to increase the response. The 1st 2k went out very slowly mostly when we were slow or to the immediate neighbors of a house we just finished. I don’t like to put them on the door knob because most people use there garage as the entry way. So what Ive been instructing my guys to do is to place them at the foot of the mailbox on the ground with a rock holding it in place. in the area we work thats not hard and the mailboxes are at the street. some neighborhoods have a bank of 16 mailboxes centrally located for those we deliver to the driveways Sunday morning. I purchase zip lock baggies from Sams and I have lots of access to landscaping rock. My kids fold the dh in half printed side facing out drop a hand full of pea rock (~ 2- 4oz work s best ) and seal up the bags with out any air. We load up a plastic bin and go throwing. By doing it early Early Sunday morning theres no one out driving, you got the stealth thing going on and most of the people are walking out to there driveways to get the Sunday paper any way ! In fact I make a game of it and try to land my " delivery " as close to the Sunday paper as possible . By doing it this way I can deliver ~ 1k in 1.5 hours in a tract home neighbor hood and a little less in the rural big lot neighborhoods. Putting the rocks and dh in bags takes ~ 100 per 40 minutes. Perfect thing for kids to do while they re watching TV . With a bike a scooter a skateboard or what ever you still have to get off to place your flyer to its final destination. But if it packaged for “[I]air Mail[/I]” you can throw it to the left and right while passing thru that street once. hope this helps
GP

In my area the only option to pass fliers is by walking door to door and placing them on the door.

Manny… I know what your saying, no newspaper boxes and it’s hard to get those push pins into brick. The only thing I like about papering most hoods in TX. is the houses are built close together.

That is why I use painters tape (the blue kind). It doesn’t do any damage to the brick and will stay there two weeks without leaving any goo behind.

As far as the Carrier Route thing discussed by Steve Wright in this Thread.

I found this info.

You can get the same saturation rate Chris get’s with less of the “Ghetto’s” getting your mailer.

Sounds good… Does it stick well enough to where it won’t blow off with the wind? I’m in Texas and it gets pretty windy here.