Most Popular Boars Hair Brush

The bristles constantly fall out of my WFP boar hair brush. So much that I’ve pretty much stopped using it. The scrubbing power is great but the bristles dried on the windows- not so much.

Vic you got a old simpole hog hair brush. All the new ones the
pencil jets are now inset in the wood.
I did not like the jets sticking out just like you said but that
is not the problem any more and you
still can screw in the fan jets if you need them, (see clip)

//youtu.be/Rw20oHsP5zg

As far as what is the best hog hair.
I have used more Hog Hair then most window cleaning because 40 years ago that
is the only thing we had. Some would last 10 years.The SimPoles Hogs are 3 years
old and still going strong because
the are made out of Ash Wood (baseball bat wood).
The Plastic head will not last as long as the wood.

//youtu.be/r9MOSA2VHo8

The SimPole Hog weight is 1.8 the RHG I think is 1.6 so the both are light and good.
You used a hog for very dirty windows and a nylon for clean windows
Every SimPole system gives you both!
For the price I would by one of each or
I could send you a used SimPole hog at cost if you can’t make up you mind.
Phil
347-sim-pole

Thanks Vic. So it has nothing to do with the boars hair. I’ve always wondered if there was a difference in the actual hair.

So the only reason it’s the best is because it’s lighter. Got it. What would make the RHG scrub any better than another? Are there any differences in the boars hair? Quality? Length? Style?

I’m sure the biggest difference in my case is the Simpole brushes use bigger tubing on the brush than RHG. I can put the RHG 3/16" x 5/16" tubing inside the Simpole tubing.
I use 300’ of the smaller tubing but I can connect it with EZ Snap quick connects that Shawn used to sell, but WCR sells them too.

Here is what blondie does with my pump system:
YouTube - Water wagon with 300’ tubing, pump and pole…mov

Here is what the RHG brush did…
YouTube - Other brush

Keep in mind, I have no experience and am not a salesman. I’m not hawking anything. Just trying to help you guys, like you have helped me in the past :wink:
vic

All SimPoles Pencil Jets are now inside the brush.
You have the old stye.
Phil

All SimPole hogs and plastic pencil jets are now inset too.
Phil

Saw it.

Unger WFP brushes are the same as Vikan brushes.

Where is your proof that the plastic won’t last as long?
Also the weight you are posting for the RHG brush is false.

Here in the UK we do not favour Boar’s Hair Bristle as it sticks to the glass and makes scrubbing a lot harder. I have used them on several occasions though when trialling various brushes.

Having looked at both types - Wooden and Plastic I would say that how long they last would not be dependant on the stock material but on how the bristles are individually fixed into the stock.

If the bristles on a plastic stocked brush were resin-set then these would probably outlast a wooden stock that used staples.

For tough cleaning my personal choice is a flocked brush as it does not ‘stick’ to the glass as much as Boar’s hair, but still gives an excellent clean. Of course this may be because of the type of window cleaning that we do in the UK where most cleans are either once a month or once every two months.

That is good to hear, Mr. Phil! Thank you. I scratched a couple frames. But no mas!
That will make for a perfect set up, imo.

Your pole and a .6 lb Gardiner brush, there is my dream hybrid system :wink:

Merry, merry Christmas Phil, Shawn and Alex! And everybody…
God bless us everyone.

Hey Phil, Where is your Manufacturers logo?
Only from the mind of the Simpole man!!
Keep those ideas coming.
Your fan,
vic

Vic, Really?