My first BIG commercial proposal request

I will be posting pix and vids tomorrow afternoon.

Inspired by Kevin’s success at car dealerships, I proceeded to Champion Ford, the HUGE dealership I bought my last car from thinking I could wrestle a name and contact number for the person in charge, from my sales guy.

Well, they didn’t have a company that did their windows. Then, like a ninja, I happened to “accidentally” end up in the boss-man’s office. He agreed to let me submit a proposal.

From there, a stop for lunch, and end up doing 15 windows for 30 bucks and a free dinner (STEAK KOUNTRY BUFFET), and signed them up for quarterly service.

Anyway, as I’m eating I get a call from boss-man. He said the company that parent company wanted me to give them a proposal for ENTIRE CHAMPION DEALERSHIP CHAIN!!! I almost spit my Pepsi out my nose.

Sooo, I have never proposed, bid, worked on anything this big. Large residential, yes. Strip center store front, yes. A billion windows, no.

Ok these numbers are from a quick count. I will be going back tomorrow to take videos, pix, and look for obstructions, get much more detailed info.

Ford Dealership-212 windows (see pic.)
Used Ford-43
Fleet sales-70
Jeep-160
Service-56
Hyundai Svc-8
Hyundai-69
Used Hyundai-27

About 645 windows similar in size and style as those in the available Picture.

I am freaking out. (My wife said to say she’s not freaking out but rather, pleased)

Anywho, I know Kevin will have some great advice. Any tips from you guys who do these kind of jobs before lunch everyday?

I’ll be posting better details tomorrow (05-13-08)

Thank you everyone.

P.s. My wife was watching “The Day After Tomorrow” and every time she was like, “Oh my god!” , or "Wow!, or whatever, I would be like "What? and so this post took two hours. Sad. I know.

P.P.s Chris I want a free wagtail.

Ford1----Ford2----Sales guy----Bossman----Freaking Out!!

Thanks All!!

Ok, Here are the final counts. I’m havin problems with my memorycard and uploading the vids. I should have them up soon.

Used Hyundai 27w
Hyundai 69
Hyundai Svc. 12
Ford Svc. 56
Jeep/Isuzu 160
Fleet sales 70
Used Ford 46
Ford 236

Total 676 Windows.

Should I bid them seperately or all together? They are being submited to a corporate office out of state for approval.

Most of the windows are in the same style and size as in the picture in the above post.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Great job on kicking in the door of opportunity. Good luck and stay focused; I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say as far as price…lots of windows to clean!

Me too.

How often do they want them cleaned?

Every 6 months (Its been 18 months since their last guy showed). And once right before their corporate bigwigs stop by on their annual inspection.

Why do they want their windows cleaned so infreuquently?

I didn’t know to ask. This is my first attempt to jump into a bigger window cleaning game. How many time per year should a Bldg. this size be cleaned? How much do I charge?

Nah, I was just thinking out loud. I’m surprised a car dealership would not be more concerned about the cleanliness of their windows. They would allow 18 months to go by without replacing their window cleaner.

As you get more experienced with this type of thing, you could try to convince them to get their windows cleaned more frequently.

I got a dealership I’m doing next month, they want it done once a month.

[QUOTE=mikep;6995]Nah, I was just thinking out loud. I’m surprised a car dealership would not be more concerned about the cleanliness of their windows. They would allow 18 months to go by without replacing their window cleaner.

You should have seen the Mexican Restarant I went to today! Spider webs, dirt swirls, and the manager told me he has their employees do it. They just did it 3 months ago he said. It’s sad.

[QUOTE=mikep;6995]
I got a dealership I’m doing next month, they want it done once a month.

How do I price it?

Sent you a PM, Manuel.

Great for you> landing those dealerships… You want to break the pricing down for each dealership(even if billing is going to same location). This way each dealership will get their amount billed to them…

great opportunity! just hope you have all your WFP equipment set-up and ready to go. I do a Honda dealership, large windows , 42 (in/out) charge
$450.00 every 3 months. Have it down to 2 hr. gig., but that doesn’t include set-up and tear down of all the WFP equipment. Hope that helps.

Dave
Perfect Pane
Los Alamitos, CA.

Manuel, Did you get the job?

No I got out bid by a janitorial company. I’m having to rethink my pricing all around. I’ve been losing bids alot to lowballers lately.

what was your bid? Don’t give up, not all jantorial companies do a great job on windows…I’ve been called backed after some of these do a great job mopping floors, cleaning restrooms, but fail in the window aspect.

Dave
Perfect Pane
Los Alamitos

I agree with Dave. There are very few janitorial company’s that can clean windows properly. The fact though that they were only looking for quarterly service may indicate that they are looking for the cheapest service, or they don’t realize how good their showroom could look.

Keep calling on them, they’ll soon start to wonder what they’re missing out on.

Give them a free demo right after the janitorial company cleans them.

Don’t call it a demo though… call it a “test drive”. :slight_smile: