My website

Well, you did a pretty good job of rude.
So far the web builder is a little restrictive on fonts as I work my way around it, so “cheap looking?” Eh, perhaps some. I don’t believe it is too many colors. Perhaps the shade of blue set you off. I adjusted that. The background color? It is consistent through.

4 Likes

What is the range of rates for RV’s? Lots of them show up in my hometown in the summer and they look more profitable than the storefront ultra thrifty owners.
@Garry
Thanks.

You know, I put that in there as a lark but haven’t done any yet. I can’t imagine them being any more than an add on starting at $5.00 per window?

I think they would have a higher rate than storefronts and the RVers won’t be as budget conscious as the storefronters. I would guess $30 to $40 for RV exterior glass would be a good range and they would be on level and hard ground (a treat for me).

As for the website I think the sequence that RVs appears in would read better if the words cascaded like the four upper words. I will share some feedback on wording recommendations in a couple days when I can get to a computer.

1 Like

I not a fan of the copy, i think it needs work. I dont like how the about us is the same as the learn more page. i dont like the name font and color against the silver for some reason it is off putting to me. i also dont like the professional quality above your name it should be relocated.

I dont think he was getting “salty” because you sound like an asshole in your response. you see that me using no tact when responding to you. Now don’t get “salty” with me later because you dont like my comment. I didnt go crapping on you when you posted your cheap looking and unprofessional looking flyer that you planned on sending your customers. You can tell someone that what they made looks bad but you can use tact and no shit on them first.[quote=“Tgrove28, post:41, topic:36904”]
I swear these web sites I see look like somebody in a high school computer class did it in about 30 minutes.
[/quote]
no reason for this statement

2 Likes

Well little man, I don’t have to get in a pissing match with you. Anybody can spew raw with anyone else, the thing is - why?

For me, for now, it is a lesson in “find me electronically” - as most of my work comes from my door hangers and word of mouth. As I explore manipulating the restrictions of a Godaddy product it will get refined…and perhaps even to an asses liking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What Skipper is gone now your getting s pair of balls ?
When did you become a web designer ?
For a guy that puts a bubble guy on his vechile don’t think you have a stance here
I can see why Skipper got all over your ass . This explains it now

5 Likes

Me too. I had hoped to get my logo in place of it, so toying around with how to get that to look good both on computer and mobile device with out just a square pasted on white block background.

If someone asks for constructive criticism, offer it. But don’t be a dick. It just creates a bunch of unnecessary ill-will on here that will get multiplied and directed back at you tenfold the next time you mis-step.

I just had a look - and considering you’re limited by the Godaddy website builder, you’ve done a pretty good job with the tools you have. The site is uncluttered, clean & easy to read, and gives a positive impression to visitors,… but there are things that could be improved drastically too.

Most important is your SEO - - it doesn’t matter how good a site looks if no one sees it, so ranking should be a primary concern, and your site almost certainly wont rank well at the moment.

You need to add more pages, more keyword rich content on each page, page titles that include keywords, keyword rich meta descriptions, H1 and H2 tags, etc etc,… really make it as visible to Google as possible.

Also from a customer conversion point of view, the focus of the website should be less “This is my company, and this is what you should know about us”, and instead more “We’re glad you’ve found our company - here are the answers to the top 10 questions you have about our services” - - write your content from the perspective of what the customer wants to know, rather than what you want to tell the customer - its a subtle, but very important difference.

8 Likes

Thanks for the input. Yea, when I tried to optimize through Google search words and phrases they tried to automatically change my titles which blew the whole thing up with how I wanted it to sort of look. I’ll keep tinkering with that to find ways to get their requirements for search and mine for how I want it to look. Always fun to learn on the fly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Changed it up.

1 Like

@Tgrove28, this ^^ is how you provide constructive criticism. I don’t think you have a very good sense of how you come across in your posts. Text doesn’t convey tone or facial expressions, so careful word choice is important.

Maybe before hitting the “Reply” button, take a minute to read what you’ve written, even out loud if you have to. Try to pretend it’s a complete stranger who wrote it, and that you’re reading the words for the first time. I think you may be surprised at the result. :thumbsup:

7 Likes

My advice would be to switch to a wordpress system before you put too much work into it - - when you’re limited by the sitebuilder system you will struggle to hit even half the targets you need to beat your competition,… so while it is a lot of hassle starting from scratch again & learning a different interface, it is really worth all that extra effort to have to tools and options you need to build a properly awesome website.

A couple of my clients in America use the Godaddy wordpress hosting (It was on sale last time I looked & only cost about $7 a month) which seems fairly reliable & fast. Combine this with a professional theme (Try www.themeforest.net) and a decent SEO plugin (I use “Yoast SEO”) and you have foundations you can build almost anything on.

1 Like

I think it looks great. I like the colors too. I don’t think everything has to be sunshine and roses when it comes to colors. I really enjoyed the video and think it looks very professional. I like your about page. Dropping big names and a proprietary solution sets you apart from your competition.