Mystery Shape for Water Spigot - commercial key?

I do pressure washing and window cleaning at a MOD Pizza here in Oregon and have to deal with this water spigot. I’ve used needle nose pliers so far, but I’d love a better. method. Anyone know of a water key that would fit this? The traditional/regular water key doesn’t fit. It’s some kind of star shaped pattern.

I can tell by the filings, lol.

That looks like a nightmare. Never seen one quite like it. Maybe take some silly putty or something, get an impression of it, and then take it to the hardware store where they’ve got the million different samples of faucet stems, and see if you can find a match?

Looks like a geared fit. I think I see splines on that shaft. Sometimes, a larger size hex will work as you are not using a high amount of torque to operate the shaft.

1 Like

They took the handle off… Not this exact handle…but one like it. I keep one with me for such circumstances.

/42555?store=16528&gclid=CjwKCAjwhYOFBhBkEiwASF3KGQm7l_uvxcCUasv7oXA63NVecur0LIp0skvrwRE8cdDpzxrzyTRr2hoCW6IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense.

You’ll need an 8-splined handle, of the appropriate diameter, @EcoCleaningPros

If you can get a pair of calipers in there, that’d probably be the most accurate way of gauging what size you need.