National Double Hung Price

I charge a job price to the customer.
If it is inside/outside and has screens then in/out charge plus tracks plus screens. If it is outside only and has interior screens then it is outside price.
If it is outside only with exterior screens then it is outside price plus screens; sometimes, depending on window design, outside will involve a portion of the track - there is a charge for that.

1 Like

Idaho
$10
$10
$15
We include screens for free as a selling point. Nobody askā€™s to not clean the screens here.

South Central Ohio

$7.50 ( add $3.00 for level 2 )

$11.50

Track Cleaning is rarely done, needed, or requested.

1 Like

Iā€™m in West Asheville, my business is Asheville Window Cleaning. Maybe we can work together, Iā€™ll PM you my number if youā€™re interested

San Diego

15$

15$

22$

and no, I donā€™t get that all the time eitherā€¦havenā€™t done a house in a while. Screw going lower tho.

2 Likes

I was just up there in Mt. Airy NC visiting some relatives. NC is beautiful.

Denver Colorado
$10
$14
$18

Northern New Jersey

$15 - $20 for the unit, screens and sills included.

Final price depends on the time of year.

1 Like

tell me more

Southern Vermont

$12 for double hung without a screen

$14 including screen wash and wipe sills (90% of our customers go with this option)

$20? (I never really do tracks. This is what Iā€™d probably charge for a semi-detailed clean if requested)

This is for standard first and second story (it all seems to average out). I do charge extra for interior ladder work. First time cleans usually arenā€™t extra unless itā€™s really bad.

1 Like

I (still) havenā€™t really started up here in NW Washington state, but last time I did windows (2013), in and out was 8$, including screens and tracks. No matter the window, screens and tracks were always done. I never even realized people charged separate prices for each.

How do you go about presenting the pricing options to your customers? Some guys say almost none of their customers go with the screen wash upsell. I wonder if this has more to do with regional preference, or sales strategy.

1 Like

If its the spring, and the phone is ringing off the hook, the price goes up.

Supply and Demand

2 Likes

I donā€™t upsell the screenwashing. The first price I give them includes it. Then if they say they donā€™t have any screens, or donā€™t want them done, I give them the price without. From there they might ask for outside only pricing (usually 70% of in/out price)

Cando, North Dakota
$8 Double hung, I/O
$10 Plus Brush screens
$10 Plus tracks, as needed.

I guess it depends where you live and the types of windows the customer has and how often they open them.
In places the windows do not get any use they will probably not be concerned with screens or frames.

Where I live most people have their windows open the majority of the time so screens get all dusty with the flow of air through them and the tracks get all messed up as well.

San Diego
6-7
8-9
10-12
Tracks/screens always included in my pricing so a ā€œregularā€ sized window like this would be bid at 10 or so, all included.

1 Like

Wow Tory. I keep bumping up my pricing and closing at 70% and making good money. I canā€™t imagine charging $22 for 4 surfaces on a standard (not small, not large) window (along w/ tracks/screens). Iā€™m considered ā€œcompetitiveā€ by my customers Iā€™d say and in the spring it will go up. Iā€™ll stay at this pricing now to stay busy. I had this response yesterday from a lady in Carmel Valley ($600 job) "Sorry, not interestedā€¦ I donā€™t live in Buckingham Palace. The quote was more than 5X any other I received, for the same service. "
I chuckled. So, I donā€™t do work for ā€œ5Xā€ less than the other guys but I donā€™t get $22 either. If you canā€¦more power to you my friend. :smile:

1 Like

carmel valley, give me a break on that response

those are the people that are comparing to a housecleaner at $10/hour

Looks like the average for all entries at this point is
10 just for glass, in /out
12 w/ screen cleaning
15 w/ track and screen cleaning

6 Likes