Need a little help pricing this job. And question about the awnings

Need help pricing this job. Looks like it will take all day. Plus need to quote the awnings. But i’m wondering about getting 12% bleach on them. What would you do?

I can help you with the awnings. First you should identify the material, awnings are typically either cloth/canvas or some kind of vinyl. The make specific sealers and water proofers.

Its best to clean them from the bottom up. You’ll need to rinse with a hose (no pressure washing!) Expect to spend about 150 on chemicals about maybe 20 minutes to clean each one and another 10-15 to seal/waterproof.
I’ve never used bleach, and would not recommend it.

A wfp brush works the best, but a standard mop will work just fine too.

For pricing, calculate your hourly rate with how many sq foot you can clean in an hour. That job would take us around 3 hours from truck to truck. Id probably charge around 450 for the first cleaning and maintain every 6 months for around $250

bleaching a canvas awning doesn’t sound like a good idea.

I can give you a place to call that makes those awnings. ask them what you should clean them with. (act like you are the owner of the store or something)
Cincinnati’s Full Service Awning Company - Queen City Awning

I just wondering what solution I should use on the building when cleaning it instead of the bleach?

Being on a commercial building those are probably made with Sunbrella brand of material. If it is Sunbrella, you should not have any problems with your regular bleach based house wash mix. As always, do a small test spot on a few of the awnings to make sure.

Keep the awnings wet. Wet them down with water before spraying soap, and keep the soap wet on the awnings until you’re ready to rinse.

Should be a piece of cake job! Nice!

Justin
Are you in Hilton Head or Bufford? I do a Ethan Allen her in Knoxville TN. I clean the windows and awnings. It only takes me about 2 hours with a wfp. I use di water with no soap and clean the awnings and windows monthly. One problem with bleach on awnings is if the threads they use to sow them together are cotton the bleach will weaken them over a period of time. But like Micah said if you keep them wet and rinse good you will be fine. How often will you be cleaning them and is the store on the Island or Bufford?

*it’s spelled “Beaufort”, fyi.

Here are the recommended cleaning instructions from the Sunbrella website, Ive used this with good results on awnings that were not heavily soiled. I’ve done the rinse with both WFP and XJet:

Heavy cleaning for stubborn stains and mildew
Sunbrella fabric does not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. To clean mildew, or other stubborn stains:

•Eight ounces (1 cup) of chlorine bleach.
•Two ounces (1/4 cup) of mild soap and/or detergent.
•One gallon of water.
•Clean with soft bristle brush.
•Allow mixture to soak into fabric for up to 15 minutes.
•Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
•Air dry.
•Repeat if necessary.
•Re-treatment of fabric for water and stain resistance will be necessary.