Need feedback on bid please

Hi Guys. Ive been cleaning windows for about 4 years now, but Im just now starting to break into what is to me the relatively large commercial job market here in Virginia now that I have a WFP. I received a RFP from a maintenance general contractor to do all the windows, inside & out, on two large tire service centers, to be cleaned on a quarterly basis. Im hoping that since this is my first bid of this size, that you guys could give me some feedback on my bid before I submit it. FYI the average rate around here is $2.50-$3.00 per pane

Store 1:
Roll-up doors:
24 pane x 2 doors @ $3= $144
15 pane x 12 doors @ $3= $540
12 pane x 3 doors @ $3=$81
10’x3’ office/lounge windows x 22 panes @ $3= $66
Total = 277 panes/ $831 per quarter

Store 2:
Roll up doors:
24 pane x 3 doors @$3= $216
15 pane x 2 doors @$3= $90
12 pane x 5 doors @$3= $180
10’x3’ office/lounge windows x 29 panes= $87
Total = 191 panes/ $573 per quarter

Thanks Guys

Looks reasonable.

Cool thanks. Just curious because I’m getting conflicting information, would you charge $3 per side or $3 per window for inside & out?

You know, those roll up doors are pain, especially inside since that won’t be WFP and likely ladder - at least initially. You’ll see after doing it the first time how difficult or easy certain parts of the job are.
$3 in and out is only $1.50 per side. Maybe after first clean (which is always more work) if all goes well you could do $2/$2.50 per side since it is a quarterly job?
Others may see it differently.

I was wondering if I might be leaving some money on the table. Do you live in VA also? What do you charge per window/pane? Thanks man

Florida. I mostly do residential, I have a handful of storefront/commercial, but I won’t chase the price to the bottom, so where some might say $1/$1.50 per pane, I say go for it, I’m too busy chasing a paycheck.

1 Like

I hear you ! Everything’s going up!
I figured I might charge an extra 20-25% for the initial cleaning as like a “reconditioning fee”. I’m waiting to hear back on whether there are any floor drains on the inside/ a good time to use wfp on the inside. They’ll probably say no though lol. Thinking of just using wfp pole to squeegee the inside probably too. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I’m curious to see what the prices are in some other states.

Pictures would be best.