Need Help Bidding Apartment Complexes (Outside Only)

Hello Again,

The Complex Has 230 Apartments (12 Buildings), I was just added on to their vendors list and they have 18 other apartments that need window cleaning every year, Just curious to see what you would bid the first. Thanks!

39 PM

Did you forget the details?

Pics or window style/count

2 Likes

I updated with pictures, thanks! I have’t added the total windows together just yet, going out tomorrow, I’ve been told $2-$3/Pane?

Ask to be clear if they will remove screens, you will remove screens and if they want screens cleaned? You can always separate pricing each way.
When apartment complexes have screens here they’re usually metal screens cuz they’re more durable for an apartment complex. The issue with metal screens is it oxidizes the window behind it I like to cover my ends and pop a screen off or open a window from the inside and see if the window behind the screen already has any type of oxidation if there’s metal screens.

Sometimes it the little details you ask can make the customer feel comfortable that your experienced and thorough.

3 Likes

Good Idea on the screens, I talked to the manager this morning and she said it shouldn’t be an issue for them to remove the screens, however I’ll break down two prices, one with out removal of screens, and two with screen removal.
The screens are standard, , but you have a good point. I appreciate the advice. Now how would you price the monster? Per Apartment (12)? per side? per pane?

Thanks again

Screens on large jobs (Apartment, Assisted living complex, and Hotels) are ALWAYS the P.I.T.A. to deal with.

If they do 'actually" remove all the screens, the job should go quick with a WFP and additional add-ons. (but be ready to ladder up to each set of windows)

In regards to price the best way to price would be by time, take a good look at the job and figure out how long approx it will take you to do the job with the tools, skill level, crew size ect. you available.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Yeah and the builder might not have sized the screens correctly. Or you spend a lot of time trying to figure out which window this one oversized screen will actually fit into.

I’d make it clear that any window with a screen on it will be skipped.

3 Likes

Find out what your competitors would charge. 3 to 4. The give them the median from all of those.

1 Like

Hello my name is Charles I’ve been cleaning windows for four years now prices on the windows would be considered on what are the challenging reaching them I have experience and rappelling work operating a boom lift a standard boom lift that goes up to 65 is about 1400 for the week versus rappelling is there anchor line setup to be able to descended safely and the requirements OSHA approved if not I would provide descending machine mostly the causes for current drop 5 to $7 not including the window charging a dollar per square.

Considering the streams is a different job in its own removing streams rather you want them clean or not is about 75 to $0.50 per window. Cleaning the frames is about $0.75 every window frame.