Need help on a big commercial lead

I got a call today for an estimate for this big commercial lead.

I mainly do residential and some route work but this is definitely the biggest lead yet.

How do I go about this?

Do I rent a lift?
Do I try a waterfed pole?

I was thinking that it would be good if I could do the windows from the inside in and I believe that they should be able to open up so that I can clean them that way.

However there are probably people in those rooms so I’m not sure if that is an option as they would have to notify the whole building or something that window cleaners would be going in their room.

They want exterior done, how much should I charge per double hung.
$8?

Any other advice would be appreciated as I am a little under a year in this business.

Also this is just one side of the building the other side also has windows and the 2 sides on the left and right also have windows.

Fly me out there and I will drop them from the roof lol. That’s the only way I would consider doing it personally, from a chair.

If the back looks like the front, outside only and wfp around $3500 or so for a solid 8-10 day

2 Likes

The waterfed pole can reach that high up?

Hmm lol I have to get one probably, I haven’t used one ever though…

1 Like

Water fed can do a pretty good job up to 60’ or so and then it gets real iffy and situational on the job/customer expectations.

If you’re that new and haven’t even used a waterfed pole before I would just pass on the job or bid it and have a friendly competitor in your area sub the work out from you.

1 Like

I spoke with the district manager and he said we would be able to clean the windows from the inside out.

What should I charge per double hung?
I am thinking $8 per double for outside only.

We will be cleaning only the outside.

And if I factor in the time it will take, say 5 minutes per window that will come out to 2380 minutes or 40 hours…

There are 476 double hung windows.

Any advice would be much appreciated lol.

Retirement home?

Yes

Ask to do a unit and time it. Ground floor will be best as that will likely be the most dirty, then add 10-20% for unknown factors. If it’s a medical facility then there are insurance and federal regulations you need to be aware of. (I don’t know them, as I’ve purposely have avoided them for those reasons) I would also make sure you have a member of the facility go with you to each room for risk mitigation reasons, or at the very least a waiver for liability.

Edit- just saw that it is a retirement home. Make sure your insurance covers it. You also should check your state regulations regarding this if there are any. There still may be insurance issues if you use a wfp, but that’s what I would do as it would significantly lower your risk.