New Coupon / $5.50 Per Window / Glass Inside and Out

I think a lot of you are failing to realize that I’m talking about GLASS ONLY here for 6 bucks a window. For full window cleaning I’m charging 9 bucks per window so it’s actually still on the high side in my area. Of course that price is going to be higher in the NJ,NY area and in the larger cities. I’m giving them 2 different packages to choose from. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Although I agree with some of what youre saying I have done the “Windows starting at only $6 inside and out” thing before, it sucked. Everyone was like "my window cleaning should only be $xxx.
After testing the 20 window theory its better in my mind to make 2 packages “20 windows cleaned in and out Only $129 Includes Glass Cleaning Only and Does not include windows with panes or storms” and then the “20 windows cleaned in and out with screens cleaned and sills wiped Only $199 Does not include windows with panes or storms
JMO
Hope you keep killing it man! Email me for some ways that I have found to stand out for price shoppers… ever since I have started using a few tactics I usually dont even have to go out for an estimate or give them a ballpark, they just book it. I would be more than happy to help you.

Pricing is subject to the market and the economic conditions within. When
people start chiming in on prices being too high or too low, I am not sure
what that is based on.

I am not saying $129 is too low, it’s just too low for my market as the
economic ceiling may be higher here. I actually charged that price in
my first couple years.

I normally charge around $170 for 20 windows. I lost very few
bids in the last few years. I would never tell someone else to raise
their price unless I knew the specifics.

I know several companies charging $10 per window (non storm). One
I believe will do about $3 million in sales this year…

This I know from personal experience- price resistance starts first
in our mind. We worry about rejection and fear chop our prices (not
saying this is the case here). Just something to think about.

What I’m going to do mix my advertising and offers up. I’m going to try the 6 bucks for Glass Only, 9 bucks for full and see how it works in my area. I’m also going to keep some mailers with the 20 windows for 169. I just want to keep mixing it up and see what works best for me. My goal is to not have any days without window cleaning during the summer months so we will see what happens. Right now I’m booking 2 employees 1.5 weeks out.

I agree $129 is low, especially when $125 is my min charge just to show up. I also know the fear that is associated with hoping phone calls will come in. Your first inclination is to slash prices when in reality (from my experience) you need to set your service apart from the “a typical” window cleaning companies. The more you stand out in a positive way the more your clients expect which comes with a premium price. It is simple to do, you weed out all the price shoppers (don’t lose a willing paying client just because they are more interested in price, give them your b list appointments when people reschedule, cancel etc) and you will have more business than you can handle… 90% of it will be people willing to pay a premium price for your service.

Great advice Paul. That last part there I think is the case here but thats JMO. I think that if you are going to do the “GLASS ONLY” you sould do what Live Clear (You sould add a name in your signature Live Clear) said because its not as confusing.