New - Excelerator 2.0 and Dr Angle by Moerman

I just got mine. Still have to see how an Ettore rubber works with it. Takes a little getting used to, pretty sure I’ll like it better with different rubber. I do like the way it cuts in the edges. Be nice if the rubber locked in place better at the ends though.

With the fliq on it it doesn’t fit in my holster all that well. Residential so usually use a 14". Maybe just have to get used to it. Usually finish a window two handed so probably won’t use it all the time but nice to have it when you need it. Be great for pole work.

I’m still watching for any faults in this new handle before I purchase. In some videos, they show Trad Man and Polzn Blades using white colored channel clips on the Liquidator channels, but could not see if they had plugs to hold rubber in place. These are experimental prototypes for an upgrade (it appears). So watch that space.

Understand the frustration. I use electrical tape for sliding issue. 1 or 2 layers just length of handle jaws so they are never seen. And for ends i use Unger clips for 1.0 and nothing for 2.0. I have also tested trimming my clips to different lengths because i use gg4 outside and i settled on trimming the clip in half. Still has a slight dogear to it but not so much to grab and streak so frequently without dish soap glide. But that’s a side note.

Bought two Excelerator 2.0 handles a couple of months ago, and love them. It has fixed the sliding channel problem (unless your bump/bang it sideways on something). It’s a superior product to Ecx. 1.0. The rubber doesn’t slip anywhere near as much as Exc. 1.0. I don’t have the Unger clips (almost impossible to find with New Zealand suppliers). Will get some when I get replacement blades for my Unger Ninja scraper (from an Australian supplier) next.

Will be getting a few more Exc. 2.0 handles. I like to have a handle each for 18" and 14" (with Liq. 2.0 channels) in my BOAB, and for 18" and 14" Excelerators on long and short trad-poles.

I stopped using the Contour Pro+ handles (not because of any problem using them). Got five of them sitting in storage. I don’t trim my Liq end clips, leave them as is. Just use extra slip, i.e. I put more dish wash directly onto my applicator (T-bar mop). I just use ordinary dish liquid. Moerman Pro Soap just a little to expensive, though I love the fragrance and slip.

How do you find the Samurai BOAB?

Nice. I believe most suppliers here in the US have them (the Samurai). Its has worked well. There was only thing for me that it didn’t offer in the kit, only allowing the larger slot for the squeegee to be on 1 side (the right-hand side)- that may have changed since i bought it though. Im going to be trying out a newer holster from reachit soon. Sure is nice not having a wet leg from a soaking strip washer with all the newer designs…huge plus.

My reason for using GG4 is less frequent cleans (usually monthly/quarterly commercial & quarterly/biannual residential) & i use a hydrophobic sealant (Mr. Hard Water Sealer) to protect from sprinklers & exterior runoff depositing or staining. Any dish soap always leaves a film vs GG4 in my case. But inside cleaning is for my liquidators and fliqs (also for many exterior upper panes)