New Houston Business

Hello guys my name is Albert, I’m from the Houston Texas area and I have been lurking around this forum for a long time. I am proud to say we finally pulled the trigger and ordered our equipment to get started. In reality my 18 yr old son will be doing most of the work. He is also Albert and recently joined the forum. I work in the oilfield and I’m gone over 20 days a month. So I’m mainly helping my son get started and will help out when I’m in town. Below is our current equipment:

Sorbo QuickSilver - 6", 12", 18"
Sorbo Black Mamba - 22"
Dozen 36" Sorbo rubbers
Pack of Sorbo clips
2 Ninja Handles
18" Ninja t-bar
2 18" microtigers
6" ninja razor and holster
Extra razors
Ettore Super Brush
Ninja BOAB
5 lbs of scrim towels
Home Depot Belt with Pouches
Home Depot 8’ Pole (temporary)
Home Depot 6 Gallon Bucket
Spare Home Depot 18" T-bar and squeegee (don’t plan on using anymore)

Just waiting on business card and t-shirt orders to hit the pavement. We plan on starting with storefronts to gain some experience until we can get him a truck to carry ladders. Once he gets his truck we will order 5,000 door hangers and start blasting our service area of about 68,000 homes within 10 miles of us. We will focus in on one area at a time though. Avg incomes between 80 and 120k. Currently he drives a convertible camaro and can’t fit a ladder on that. Lots more posts to come from us soon. Just wanted to introduce ourselves. I’d love to chat with some of you Houston area guys. Hit me up.

3 Likes

Hopefully this upload works. First time uploading image.

Just missing the pole, bucket and towels

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum guys.

Welcome to the forum!

Before going nuts with the door hangers, I’d suggest ordering a quantity of less than 5000. Try a few different designs and slogans and offers in small quantities to see which one really gets the phone ringing. Then go ahead and order your big lot.

You may also find that after distributing 1000 door hangers you would rather do direct mail. Just something to think about.

5 Likes

Looks like I just gained some more competition. :wink: What part of Houston you guys in?

Good point Samual. Thanks for your comment. I remember reading the post by Alex or Chris forgot who it was about “Fire BULLETS, then MISSILES” Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Pleasure to meet you @kgfloreswindows . Competitor is such an ugly word… Lol. I was thinking more along the lines of “fellow window cleaner”. :grin:

We live in Humble/Atascocita and plan to service the Humble, Kingwood, Summerwood, Porter, Dayton, Spring area. With the Houston Metroplex population upwards of 6.3 million, I’m sure there is plenty of glass to go around for all of us. We would love to network with other fellow window cleaners in our area. Hopefully we can pass business back and forth. Can I contact you some time?

5 Likes

Likewise. I was saying that tongue in cheek btw. Hence the :wink: and yes, I absolutely agree, a lot of glass to be cleaned in the big city of Houston. I’ve been at it for about 8 months now and grew up helping my father on and off before he sold his window cleaning business several years back.

Judging by the photo you guys have got the right equipment to get the job done. I use a lot of the same tools as well. More than happy to stay in touch and help one another out.

3 Likes

@kgfloreswindows :+1: I’ll definitely be contacting you soon for some insider information regarding our market.

https://windowcleaner.com/bullets-and-then-cannonballs/

Here’s another book I highly recommend…

http://windowcleaner.com/marketing-book/

1 Like

@wcs Thanks for the links Steve.

1 Like

Welcome. I am in Houston as well, on the east side in Baytown, Mont Belvieu, Channelview areas. I have a job or two in Humble every quarter, so that’s about the only time I head out there.

What part of H-town are you located, @kgfloreswindows?

@ahm915 Northwest side. The Woodlands, Magnolia, Tomball, Conroe, Spring and Cypress. Why do you ask?

Hello Albert and Albert and welcome to the forum!
You guys are starting out with good equipment, that makes way more sense than wasting money on cheap stuff that gets replaced.

1 Like

I 100% agree with Malcom. I would also like to compliment you on the compactness of your list. Lots of guys with decent financial resources starting out tend to overbuy. You kept it lean and yet comprehensive. Everything you need and nothing you don’t. Good job!

Hey @ahm915. How’s it going? I remember messaging you about a year ago and you said I could call you with some questions… Lol I still planning on it now that we finally got our equipment. Maybe we could meet up some time when you swing by Humble for your account.

Thanks @HBM and @Samuel for the warm welcomes. I spent many many hours reading over this forum on equipment and finally decided on the list above. Its the bare minimum to get started with, and we will add accordingly as the business grows.

3 Likes

Looks like the Houston area is getting alot of competition lol. Just kidding. Good luck on starting out.

2 Likes

Exciting isn’t it? Maybe we can put together enough window cleaners to organize some sort of meet up once a quarter or once a year. I can always use another excuse to have a cold beer :beer:!!

That’d be cool. I head out there in late March/ early April sometime.