New start up list

Greetings I am new here! After a few months of research I have decided to try my hand at the Window Business.

I am currently living in between Las Vegas and Phoenix with the anticipation of moving to Phoenix full time this month.

I have put together a basic list of items to start. I was hoping some of the experienced people here can chime in and add what I am missing.

So for basic tools I have the following,

Glass scraper

Spray bottle

Sodium Hydrochloride (SH Bleach)

Squeegee extension moerman, sorbo

Utility belt

Micro fiber towels

Step stool

Bronze wool

0000 steel wool ok

Razor blades

Handheld vacuum for tracks and track brush

Xero Destroyer, Gardiner Extreme, or Gardiner Ultimate

Tool to remove screens

24’ extension ladder

I’m sure there is plenty of oversight to add to here.

Somewhat vague but, if you’re new careful with the razor blades. SH for what? Are you also going to be offering power washing? I like the LG ladders but extensions work too. How many towels? 50-100 should be good. What about a bucket to fill up for soap / water? Buckets are good for commercial work since those windows tend to be the dirtiest. For screens I’ve heard a putty knife can work, idk. I just use my hands.

It depends on what you’re going to be targeting. If you know marketing and window cleaning then get the wfp. If not save your money.

Also I don’t see a mention of dawn dish soap lol. How are you gonna clean the windows :sweat_smile:

That stood out to me too. I’m in moldy, humid Florida and I have never used a drop of bleach.

Welcome Toro! Are you going to focus on residential, storefronts or commercial buildings?
You are brand new and want to buy a Destroyer pole right out of the gate? But there’s no mention of a purifying system to go along with the pole.

You won’t find “bronze wool” that’s fine enough for glass anymore. It’s gone. The other stuff available will scratch glass.

I mean this in a helpful way, it seems like you have a lot more reading and researching to do. Call WCR and speak to one of sales reps, they really will help get what you need, not just sell you the most expensive items…

WCR sells “The Jersey Trad Kit” - that would be a good start, along with a ladder and step stool. If the homes/businesses are mostly single-story, no need for a huge ladder, I like Little Giant style, like Narcos mentioned.

1 Like

Hey Narcos thanks for the reply. Yes I will be offering power washing services as well.

I saw a few threads ago people discussing what’s needed so I just got the gist I think.

Aside from the wfp any recommendations for DI systems?

Yes, I primarily am focused on residential work in the beginning.

I’d be open to hearing anyone’s recommendations in putting together a full set up on WCR as well.

Hi Thanks MJ79, I feel like reading and research can only take you so far then you must do what you must and put it into action. I am more of a jump in and figure it out type person.

I have other businesses so I’m not reliant on the Window business to generate income until I can get my routine down and in order.

Oh and yes the HC was for the pressure washing but if you guys think it’s overkill than that’s fine by me as well.

Just here to learn

Why not, I use it daily in my screen washing mix as I also live in a humid environment, makes cleaning screens much faster than just soap alone.

None of those tools matter unless you’re really know what you’re doing. What helped me was getting on the window cleaning Facebook pages, joining and asking if there was somebody local in my area that I could work with for a day to see what it was like, and that experience was invaluable the tips and tricks I learned that aren’t on YouTube videos you wouldn’t even think of and if you could work more than one day that’s even better and then you really know what you need and don’t need.