New to Pressure Washing-Pricing?

So I’ve decided to add pressure washing to my services after telling too many people no. I did the same with screen repair and nearly doubled my business overnight. But I don’t really know what “fair pricing” looks like for PW here in CA. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Even if you could tell me about how long a typical 2 car driveway should take, I could extrapolate from that…
Thanks!

It really depends on your area. What part of Ca are you in? I am normally in the .20-.30 sqft range. But I also run a full commercial hot unit with a large surface cleaner. So I am able to move a little faster and make a higher hourly rate. What kind of equipment you thinking of running? I do some outside sales work for the largest pressure washer store in Ca. They have 5 locations across the state.

I see, thank you.
I’m in South OC, using a 3000 psi PW with a 14" surface cleaner. I did a couple bids already and the first job I took on without the surface cleaner. That was a big oops. Took forever. Now that I have the surface cleaner I think I’m going to stick with driveways and walkways until I get a good feel for it and then we’ll see about expanding from there. I’m already pretty busy with windows and screens anyway so I’m using this as more of an add-on.

I would invest in a 4gpm machine if you really want to keep going with this.
I’ve worked with a 4gpm for 7 years before I jumped up to an 8gpm. For flat work I just couldn’t belive the difference night and day. For house washes there’s a difference , but a 4gpm is fine.
I didnt think you can downstream with a 3gpm. I could be wrong. How are you applying your cleaning solution ???
For Power washing it’s all about the equipment if I’m being totally honest with you. Everyone has to start somewhere , and a 4 GPM is what everyone recommends not just me, but from experience I can say GPM matters.
If your max you can get is .30 in your area the guy with an 8gpm is going to be 2x faster than you. Time is money.

Correction yku might have a 4gpm I just saw 3 and you were saying 3000 psi.
Anyway .30 is a good Starting point for residential flat work. Good luck man !!

Thanks for the tips. Since I’m really only trying to offer this as an add-on service I’ll stick with what I have, for now. Most of my clients will pay me more to do it anyway because I’m already there and they trust me, so I’m not too worried about being out-bid by a competitor. That way I can take my time and do a good job. But maybe in the future upgrading will make more sense for me. We’ll see. Thanks again for the advice.

1 Like