New vehicle, here we go

That works well for sure, but that’s actually where I plan on putting my DI tank… Perfect spot and its not much shorter than the top of the shelving. The right side doesn’t have enough room, so the left side it is. Easy to swap out and access, but will have to run lines to the slider

Where are the reels going ?

Here is an idea for your WFP. I bought those hooks threy are parts for our racks
Just giving you ideas not saying there the best. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Majestic66, looks awesome and very nice to have the wfp tucked away for sure!

I plan on putting the reels and pw at the right side of the van, so I can open the slider up and have full access to all reels and pw. I also plan on welding up a quick drop down rack on the inside so I can store all my poles. I’m pretty sure I’m only going to half this cover half of the width of the van, this way it doesn’t restrict us loading up screen doors and we will have a full 48" clearance.

I picked up some marine ply today, took it back to my buddies shop and measured it out, ripped 'em, started planing the edges at a 45, and sanded them up. Going to stain the sections black and put a a few coats of poly on it tomorrow just to help it hold up a bit better. Decided on one layer of ply, and will mount unistrut for the reels and pw, so I can do a full bolt through instead of just a lag. 3/4" is not enough to lag into, but a handful of through bolt will be just fine.

Plan on utilizing the adrian steel strut to just have a tongue hang over in a few spots to help hold the ply down just as a little extra hold. Measurements are tight and its not going either way, they wedge under the shelving perfectly. Had to cut the day short today, but will finish it up tomorrow if I have the time.

I might through on some L track so I have more than enough tie down options, and they will still be tucked under the shelving.

Thanks for the pictures and ideas Mike, they certainly do help - especially being my first van!

Awesome van, I am really looking forward to what you work out. I love fitting out vans and trailers, the planning and building are really fun for me. Enjoy it and take your time so you aren’t tearing it out every year like I do.
Joe

1 Like

Been busy with the holidays, but finally was able to sneak a day in. Need to weld up a mount for the tank, and interior rack for my poles - running a few other possibilities through my head now for some other fab work to make the most of the room, but we will see.

I just want to say that I’m kind of keeping this log/build thread, whatever you want to call it, updated, because I always appreciate when others take time to post up their ideas or layouts. Everyone checks them and swaps ideas etc possibly without posting up. So I guess it’s throwing in my dues if you will…

CHEERS

Pressure washer with another reel above it will be going along side the stacks cox reels.

6 Likes

It’s taking shape, it looks great so far.

2 Likes

Where do your source the unistrut and associated hardware?

Any big box store will carry it, typically in electrical. I used to work telecom before this, and I would literally build tons of things out of it. It’s very universal, and for what I wanted it for it works perfect. I didn’t want to just lag into 3/4 ply, as I didn’t think that would be enough bite long term, it may have stripped out. Unistrut allowed me to do a bolt through, and also allows to to move things very easily should I want to slide something over, swap sides, etc

5 Likes

Man can’t wait to see it finished I want to do the same thing to my side access door. I have a promaster hi top

2 Likes

that looks amazing

1 Like

looks good Nick!

1 Like

Built and mounted up an interior rack for my poles, brushes, anything. I also made it adjustable to I can get another 6 inches or so if I need to, or suck it all the way up for clearance.

1 Like

Mobile upload doesn’t seem to scale properly @Chris?

Definitely borrowing this idea. I can throw my retractable screen boxes up top and still have room at the bottom.

Thanks man!!

very nice

I’m digging the pole rack. I might have to copy that

1 Like

@rivet0r I have noticed a problem with it. What’s it doing cropping part of your picture? And If you can tell me what type of device you are using I can check it out.

thanks

Been super busy and super sick… You know the deal

6 Likes

awesome man.

1 Like