New Website - check it out

How about now?

I’ll have more photos to come once I can find my power cord to my laptop. Not sure why they look like stock images. The hot coffee lady will go, I concur. I have plans to do a crew photo once I get everyone together on the same day.

I’m in the web design business so I’m going to spot more issues than most - but please don’t think I’m trying to be critical - I appreciate you’ve put a lot of time and effort into your website & I want to help you make that time & effort pay off. Suffice it to say that in its current incarnation your website will barely register with Google at all - I doubt it will bring in any work at all. Here’s the main issues that I can see & how to fix them:

1. You still have huge mobile usability issues,… that one element alone will cut your web traffic in half since Google will not include your site in searches made from mobile devices. I’m not sure if Wix do responsive templates, but switching to a responsive layout is an ESSENTIAL first step in getting your site to perform. Personally I’d advise moving away from Wix altogether.

2. ALL your page titles & tags are duplicated on every page - they should be unique on each page. Again, I’m guessing this is a limitation of the Wix system,… but all the Titles & tags should be tailored for the content of each specific page.

3. You don’t have enough content - not even close. While there is a fine line between having pages that are too wordy & overwhelming to the viewer, you still need enough text on each page to catch Google’s attention. You should have main headings & subheadings to break up the layout, and these headings should contain some of your more important keywords.

4. In the window cleaning industry, most potential clients will search Google with a geographical keyword, eg. “Window cleaner Grand Rapids” - - anyone just searching “Window Cleaner” will get random results from all over the place - - so you need to mention your service areas on every page! Your service areas are as important as your service keywords and should be included in titles & tags, headings & page content etc etc.

5. Make it easy to get in touch - have your phone number in a “touch to call” format at the top and bottom of EVERY page.

6. Some people prefer to e-mail - make sure you have a “quick contact” box or a live chat widget on every page (I like the free live chat widget from Zopim Live Chat Software | Engage your Customers | Live Support).

7. Remember that online you are NOT selling cleaning services - you are selling YOURSELF as a cleaning service provider. Because of this it is vital to include real photos of you and your team on every page. This one change can double the conversion rate of a website.

8. I’d recommend removing the “Subject” line from your contact form,… the simpler the form the more response you’ll get from it.

9. Your logo looks real fuzzy - pop over to www.fiverr.com and get someone to re-draw it & freshen it up in a vector format that is scalable.

10. Change your perspective when writing the text - instead of thinking “What do I want to tell potential customers?” think instead “What do potential customers want to know about me?”. Take a look at a few plumbers websites & ask yourself which one you would hire based on their online presence,… and then think about why. Usually reassurances of quality workmanship, attention to detail and a satisfaction guarantee will make much more of an impact than the plumber describing the tools he uses,… in the same way saying that you proudly use professional tools & WFP will have zero impact on viewers,… so switch out that kind of text for something that emphasises the benefits of hiring you.

11. Wix is bad,… even the best Wix website will struggle to get the same Google rankings that a self-hosed counterpart of the same design would. I’d recommend signing up with Godaddy or a similar host, installing wordpress, buying a professional theme that is phone/tablet friendly & starting again. It’s redoing a lot of your work, but it’ll really benefit you in the long run.

Feel free to PM me & I’ll answer any questions you have & help you implement any changes you want to make.

site is down. Did he go out of business?