New windows will not come clean

i just put 14 new windows in my home,when the sun shines directly into them they seem fogged or dirty,the window company has changed them 3 times,allways with this same result,even when i clean them in direct sunlight,i get no dirt off and they stay clear for about 10 seconds and it goes right back to fogged,please help

Call a pro to help you out if your just a homeowner - Hire a Professional Window Cleaner with confidence. Find a highly ranked professional window cleaning company in your area today.*|*Window Cleaners Connect

Or post a picture of what it looks like and maybe we can offer you some advice.

What is the Brand of the windows? Please also post some pictures. Are these PPG Intercept type spacer bars and desicant? That would be a u channel spacer bat with grey putty like substance in the u channel. Look at all four corners to see if the the grey putty is cut short. If you see this it is a PPG Intercept Window.

these are anderson windows,no putty,silicone sealed,if the sun is not shineing directly in,they look great,if the sun is directly in,they look fogged and smeared … like a film,i have scaped them all with a razor blade,scubbed them with every cleaner out there,they have been replaced 3 times from anderson,with the same result,they even got tired of me,and gave me most of my money back,to witch i had to sign a form ,stateing i would not bother them again

these are anderson windows,no putty,silicone sealed,if the sun is not shineing directly in,they look great,if the sun is directly in,they look fogged and smeared … like a film,i have scaped them all with a razor blade,scubbed them with every cleaner out there,they have been replaced 3 times from anderson,with the same result,they even got tired of me,and gave me most of my money back,to witch i had to sign a form ,stateing i would not bother them again

So did the dealer see the same problem that you saw?

yes they did,and had no answers

any new technology in these windows? Other than having one window defogged to see if that works, I have no other suggestions. Any grids inside the glass?

no grids

[INDENT][COLOR=#333333]DIDO[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]"Call a pro to help you out if your just a homeowner - [/COLOR]Hire a Professional Window Cleaner with confidence. Find a highly ranked professional window cleaning company in your area today.*|*Window Cleaners Connect

[COLOR=#333333]Or post a picture of what it looks like and maybe we can offer you some advice."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Look, if you truly would like some help call a local professional. Seriously. Especially if you already got most of your money back from the windows it wont actually cost you out of pocket. Not to mention if you were in any of our cities we would have to inspect them first hand to really know whats going on. Something like this usually can’t just be figured out over the phone or on line. This is no sales pitch my friend, just trying to be helpful.[/COLOR]

[/INDENT]

[COLOR=#333333]
[LIST]
[/LIST]
[/COLOR]

when the sun comes back out,i will post some pictures,thank you for your imput,i will also email them to ya,and we will talk, i also have had 2 window cleaning companies here,they both left with no results,like i said,it only shows up in direct sunlight,thanks again

Post some pics for us all to see and we’ll see what we can come up with. Glad to hear you already tried to get some professional advice in person.

I have had this issue before with smaller like one ft by one ft picture windows by Andersen. It appears like a foggy pane…but I believe it is a mfg defect.

I’m going with “bad low E coating on interior sides” … And that’s my final answer.

sorry… wrong answer, stick to the whiskey pete

mps-Man,

Sounds to me like it might have been poor manufacturing, and the interior of the thermal panes are what is carrying the scum your seeing ! In the sun look at a window and see a particular spot and see if it will wash off , if after you do it and it’s still there then it’s in the thermal pane, and the company who made them came out with a batch of trash !

Dr.Dange …

What was the outcome on this one?

I wonder if they are peel and cleans that hung around too long and now the residue is in the glass. Sometimes there is a mfg date on the spacer between the glass. Anderson recommends that the film come off within a certain amt of time…I think it was 9 mos, but weather factrs/conditions will advance the deterioration of the film much quicker. Everyone’s guessing because no one can see what you are looking at.

I’ve cleaned Andersons that had the film left on much too long- they came clean with a razor and wool, no problem. I have come across several defective windows recently that simply appeared to be left dirty between the panes when they were assembled. and I’ve seen others with defective low e coatings- those look horrible! It’s astounding the trash that some of these companies are sending out, lately. Especially Marvin :frowning:

Could be low E 4’s too with a damaged exterior coating, or bad exterior and interior coating.