Newbie Introduction

Hello gents. My name is Brad and I currently own and operate an exterior cleaning company in the Southeast. I have had several customers ask about windows the last two years so I finally decided to make the jump and add windows to our list of services. Talking with several guys that have done the same, I’ve been told that adding exterior windows along with my house washes have been a fairly successful add on. So here I am. I am also a member of the PWRA forum and have learned a lot on the pressure washing side the last few years so hopefully this site will provide the same results. Jordie at WCR got me all set up with a Xero pure water RO/DI set up and looking forward to getting it and learning some WFP techniques. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and looking forward to learning about this new venture from you guys!

3 Likes

welcome to the forum! you’ve already helped me out! I can not speak to WFP after a house wash but do know WFP can do a lot of things with the right attachments and is easier to learn/teach than trad WC. That said, Trad clean, in my opinion can is superior when completed correctly. It takes a lot of work to get it right but boy is it great when you do. WFP is, again opinion, a 95% game. You get 95% correct with half to 3/4 the time, once you’ve figured what to do for each style of frame and window.
Good luck. Research videos. @TheWindowCleanse @Luke and several other have great videos and are incredibly helpful.

1 Like

Thank you sir! I am actually excited to learn something new. I’ve heard the WFP is much easier to pick up, but I did order a starter kit of traditional tools as well to start working with and hopefully learn. I’m not all about the easy way out and don’t mind putting in the time to learn a new skill. Have to start somewhere so I’m hoping the learning curve is smaller on the WFP, but excited to learn traditional techniques as well. Thanks for the response.

You are going to love adding window cleaning! Especially with a WFP. A house wash basically does the heavy lifting, windows will be almost perfect already, and you just bang them out fast with the WFP and get paid more! So sweet. Here’s my rig:

4 Likes

Welcome Brad!

2 Likes

Thanks Dan. I am looking forward to it. Not only from the revenue standpoint, but excited to learn something new. Nice looking set up you have. I wish I had a truck set up. Honestly wishing I had gone the flatbed route. I built a new trailer set up this winter and went enclosed. I like it, but the simplicity of a truck set up or flatbed set up would be nice. It can be difficult at times getting into places with my current set up. Here are a couple pics of my set up. Obviously without the Xero set up.

4 Likes

Lol, remember my old trailer?

3 Likes

Man, I do remember that! Just goes to show you don’t have to have a huge rig to make things work! I bet your enjoying that new set up a little more though!

1 Like

Welcome!

Personally I’ve found this forum to be WAY more helpful and professional then facebook groups, though I guess they have their place.

As I’m sure you already know, the search bar is your friend. @Chris Had some REALLY great threads he started back in the day before he sold his window cleaning business. Not that the stuff on the forum now is bad, but there were some threads that were pure GOLD back in the day.

We’re looking forward to hearing more from you!

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad to be here.

I’ve been an active member of the PWRA (WCR’s pressure washing forum) for several years and I agree. I’ve found way more useful info there than any of the Facebook pages. I guess they do have their place, but WAY to much garbage to sift through to get good information. I almost feel bad for the new guys trying to learn on those pages.

And I’m no stranger to the search bar and will be using it often! Thanks for the info!

Nice set up by the way!

Have you thought of buying an ambulance for your work vehicle? It’s a serious question… lol

Thanks! It’s been a work in progress for sure.

Ha! Oh its definitely a serious question and I’ve looked at several! I would love to have a set up in an ambulance one day. Just not enough room for what all I have currently. I hope one day I can have a “smaller” second rig that I could set up in an ambulance. It’s been thought more times than I can count and I’ve looked at several.

1 Like

The branding would be so one-of-a-kind that it seems like you’d be the only person people would remember in the exterior maintenance realm in your area!

1 Like

your laughing and I thinking, I like that size!

1 Like

No doubt about it. Hopefully one day I can make it happen!

Howdy, I found this site, here to help my husband’s business. He does a lot of lawn care, property work, etc. He’s going to start cleaning windows too.

Nashville Area!

Beautiful set up !! Is that a proportioner ?

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s a metering system, yes. Obviously not the original proportioner but I’m happy with it.

As long as it works , beats spending 12 hundred like I did. What type of pump are you using ? can’t see it. Air , or Booster ?
I went with the booster , so far so good.

I am currently using 12v. Thinking about upgrading to booster, but haven’t yet.