NG 1010 Sealer

This is supposed to be the very best sealer in the world. Has anyone tried it?

https://www.nanovations.com.au/product-catalog/NG-1010-Glass-coating-1L.html

Henry

No, but I am familiar with DFI’s solution. We use it on showers quite a bit.

Excellant. This is supposed to be one of the better products. I have not been able to get it for testing because Diamon-Fusion doesn’t sell it as a product.

It is true that sealants will always last a long time when applied inside away from UVC attack. Although it is also true that certain sealants are more vulnerable to attack by high pH solutions such as very alkaline water drops.

I am very curious to know the details of your experience with their chemistry.

Henry

I haven’t tried it, its not cheap its over $200 for 1 Liter, but that is supposed to cover 4000 square feet.
I am installing a new bathroom soon I might buy the small bottle and use on that see how long it says free from hard water staining, it takes about 6 months for an average shower in this level of hardness to come cloudy, to where you need to machine to remove the build up.

I just ordered some CL 50 and CL 40 and a sample of the NG1010, will let you know the results.

Thank you Steve. This is science. This is what we need to practice. Cuz EVERY manufacturer will tell you theirs is the best. We know different. I put this out to the group because the King of glass restoration told me about it. He is not on this forum.

Henry

Oh yeah. One more thing Steve. If we do the math that comes to a nickle a square foot. Even if it were a dime. Shouldn’t we be charging at least a couple dollars per square foot to do the restoration? So when you do the comparison it really doesn’t add up to that much. If it does indeed cover that many square feet. This is one more thing that must be looked at!

Henry

When I first looked at it, I thought it was expensive but when I thought about it deeper I thought hang on if you were able to make it sell-able feature then that’s nothing.

I will see how well their hard water removal products work.
I did have a customer that a rival company cleaned a few years ago and claimed to apply a sealant I wonder if this was in fact that sealant, who knows all I know is thew customer payed a great deal for it and was VERY UNHAPPY wit the results.

Problem with many companies they are more than happy to sell you to the teeth , but never inform the customer on care instructions.

How do you get the DFI solution are you a distributor, as I was asked to do this but it was a 25k outlay to be a operator.
Then you still have to pay for the product, otherwise you can’t buy it.

Sorry, I didn’t properly word that. The glass company that I work for offers it.

We just started using this product about 5 months ago. I will keep an eye on results.
As for application, it is a 3-stage process.First, a product is used to thoroughly clean the glass. It is scrubbed on And then removed with water. Secondly, the first sealeant is applied(buffed in). This fills in the pores and sets up for the second sealant. Third, the second sealant is buffed in.

All I can say, is that it is super clear and water bubbles off beautifully. Rainx on roids with a lifetime guarantee.

We will see as time passes.

I guess the big question is how do we get it if we discover it is a superior product? First someone should set up a side by side test against products like Clear Shield, HydroShield, NG 1010, Aquapel, 3 Star Barrier, and others. There are others. Many.

Henry

2 Likes

I might be interested in running a test of multiple products if Someone else is willing to do a test on others as well, since they’re are so many. We could gather collaborative data and results and compare the products. Anyone interested?

I am definitely interested in working with the group. I think most if not all of the Glass Committee would be interested. So I could ask them. Is anyone else interested on this forum?

Henry

1 Like

Here is another product I found on a facebook group. http://nano2go.com/

Check it out.

Henry

I know this is an old thread but I just ordered a sample of the NG 1010 yesterday and was wondering if anyone has had enough time to try this product out and how long it lasts compared to other products on the market.

In the fastener business (one of the other things I’ve done over the years), there is what is called a salt spray test. If you have a 1000 hour screw it means that under testing conditions it was subjected to a continuous salt fog of 5% salt for 1000 hours before it started to show corrosion. (That would be a good fastener btw).

Be interesting to come up with a similar type of test to show how surface sealers actually perform side by side in a controlled laboratory setting. Nonetheless, having been out of the business for a number of years and just now getting going again, I’d like to find a good surface protector for the occasions when one should be used. Rainx just doesn’t cut it for my tastes. From what I’ve read, the NG 1010 looks like a top of the line sealer that could actually work for an extended period of time.

Has anyone had enough time to work with it to see the long term results?

Hi Matt,

NG 1010 is an excellent sealer. If you are looking to connect with people like Marc Tanner who has been experimenting with this product in the field go to the Glass Smart Facebook Group at Glass Smart | Facebook
and the Glass Smart Product Development Blog at
https://glass-smart.blogspot.com/

The lab and the field are two completely different places. I believe in both. But this is the reason I wrote the articles for the AWC called “From the Lab to the Field”. The field is where we work. I am a complete believer is side by side testing. Long term side by side will definitely give us the answers we are looking for. Longevity, alkalie resistance, and uv resistance are very important for a quality sealer. Restoration work involves many different techniques and many different products. It is a developing technology.

Please do some tests yourself and report back here and on the FB Group.

Henry

I can’t compare, I used it on my windscreen (the free wipes) lasted 6 months.
I have done about 2 dozen shower screens with it in the past 6 months, haven’t been back to those properties to see how it held up.

Are you saying the NG lasted six months on your windshield? If so I would call that very good. Especially if it were in the sun all the time and not in the garage. Another test would be to see how it stands up to a high pH such as concrete as it cures over a few days. Or very hard water drops as they dry drop over spot repeatedly over months. The results of these tests must also take into account exactly how the product was applied. Was it done correctly? Because glass surfaces can be very different from one another. Consider too that any sealant is not and cannot be the complete solution. The total answer always includes other techniques and is a maintenance technology.

Henry

I have found when you saturate the surface with the product it has better coverage than the wipes that come in the test packets. The first few showers I did I sprayed the cloth I was using to apply it with like the test wipes, and got a few call backs, then watched the Marc Tanner video and went and redid those correctly.

I liked the fact when it was raining I didn’t have to use my wipers at high speed, and yes my car was not garaged. I will redo my windscreen with the liquid product and see if it holds up better.

I like to spray directly on the glass. Also I prefer to polish the glass with a cerium to “deep clean”. You know you have done this right when the surface sheets pure water. Since the NG 1010 is a SAM it forms a covalent bond with glass. It is also inorganic too so does not use the CH3 group for hydrophobicity. Windshields are great for side by side testing with different products. Just deep clean the entire shield the same. Then put one product on one side and the other on the other. Make sure both sides get equal sun during the day if possible. I have seen the sun burn Rain X off one side of a car only. Go figure right!?

Henry