Ninja review

I won the Ninja from Unger and got it last week.

well, if you are using an Ettore BOB, forget it, doesn’t fit, at least not in a way that’s practical. Same 'ol, same 'ol there. I’m sure the end caps don’t have to be that big, but just like Unger sleeves are too tight for Ettore t bars, I’m sure this was planned too.

oh well, back to the Tubex.

Actually, using it is great. Very nice. Takes some getting used to the extra size and weight on the ends. but awesome not to have to deal with end clips. What did that take? 115 years or something to finally get that ironed out to have no end clips? lol

I’m used to the wide body channels so I don’t have any probs there. Also I use the Pulex BOAB and it fits great in the middle slot, but its too tight to fit the other slots.

I dig the Ninja and can’t wait till they make a zero degree handle. That’s the only drawback I have with it. I’m so used to the zero degree handles, that it feels weird when its not available.

The two major complaints I have heard is that you can no longer carry two squeegees in the Pulex BOAB and the channel also does not fit in between the door pusher on many glass doors.

It appears it is not the second coming of Christ as many were making it out to be. I always carry two in my BOAB, so I will be sticking with my Pickle channels.

the Ninja in a zero degree version would be awesome for sure

the rubber grip handle is great on this too and the rubber thumb rest

very well designed and I bet those end clip things get smaller in future versions

ha

just more specifically solving one problem

that’s why I laugh at how much stuff is in our trucks these days compared to years ago

just more specifically solving one problem

That’s true. I have a hard time believing that it could replace by contour pro plus. I am now totally dependent on zero degree squeegees. I use the Unger Swivel Lock and the Ettore Contour Pro Plus. The only advantage that the Unger Swivel Lock has over the CPP is that it swivels better and the amount of swivel can easily be adjusted. I end up using the swivel lock on the pole and the CPP in my hand.

I agree.

I would like to see a version of the ninja that is like the ettore handle that flexes and that you can have it at your 45deg. angle or lock it in the O deg.

Thanks,Nick

I love my Ettore handles but I don’t really like the flex part. Sometimes it’s handy, but usually I keep it locked at zero degree and adjust my hand angle as needed. The flexing throws me off sometimes.

Will the Ninja handle work on Ettore poles?
vic

Yeah. They don’t lock, but they snug down pretty tight.

Before the Ninja was out, there were reviews.

Now that it is out, I see nothing.

If you have been using it, how would you evaluate it?

What is it good for? What is it not good for?

Since the input has stopped, I assume the news was not all that good.

tional channels or the super light squeegees may not want to deal with the extra weight of the Ninja and some may not want to deal with the bulky end clips.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate it at about 9. I’ve never had a squeegee that I would rate a 10 so the Ninja is about as good as it gets for me even with those bulky end clips.

As always, it’s a matter of personal preference. You’ll never know if you like it until you try it out for yourself. But if you do try it out, give it a few days because it can be frustrating at first. The first hour I used it I got mad and almost threw it as far as I could throw. I’m glad i didn’t though!

I hope to see revised end clips and possibly a zero degree Ninja in the future.

but I’m sure their will be a few along the way. No big deal though.

The Ninja is a great squeegee but takes a little time to get used to. If you like wide bodied squeegees you’ll probably adjust pretty quickly and love the way it performs. Others who are hooked on traditional channels or the super light squeegees may not want to deal with the extra weight of the Ninja and some may not want to deal with the bulky end clips.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate it at about 9. I’ve never had a squeegee that I would rate a 10 so the Ninja is about as good as it gets for me even with those bulky end clips.

As always, it’s a matter of personal preference. You’ll never know if you like it until you try it out for yourself. But if you do try it out, give it a few days because it can be frustrating at first. The first hour I used it I got mad and almost threw it as far as I could throw. I’m glad i didn’t though!

I hope to see revised end clips and possibly a zero degree Ninja in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Do you have any trouble hitting the top of the window where the glass meets the rubber as someone reported?

its pointless rabbiting on about squeegees when you smoke and ( Or ) drink and eat rubbish all day or eat too little for that matter or get too little sleep etc !!.. for those interested in the Ninga who fall under these other themes i suggest you attack these priorities first because having energy and creating energy through a healthy lifestyle is much much more important than a squeegee that saves you 1 minute a day in the changing of end clips… some people just cant see the wood for the trees until its too late… any way there are more than enough tools out there to do the job…by all means buy a Ninga if your the healthy type or have a balanced lifestyle … but if your a window cleaner who gets out of bed and heads straight for the nicotine and coffeine i suggest you get get your priorities right … and i mean that in the most sincere way…

Window cleaning is energy and thats that !

I don’t have any trouble at all with that. If I was limited with my technique I can see where that could possibly be an issue.

Hey John,
I don’t smoke or drink but I surely could eat healthier. Thanks for the reminder!

There’s some flawed logic with that statement.

Captain Obvious to the rescue once again… :slight_smile: