October Bookings up or down

Cleaned my first windows in 1981, started full time a few years later.

Long time in the biz. To what do you attribute your record amount of booking success this year?

In Sept-Oct it was acquiring some larger commercial and residential accounts that are lucrative.

As of right now (Oct 14) the calls keep coming. It looks to be a normal October so far.

this week is looking real good :slight_smile:
I finally made the big step out, nothing but fulltime baby!

Good for you man.

My business is busy for October. Not as good as Sept, but its going well.

We have been experiencing quite a slowdown. Last year we ran three trucks all day every day. This year we are struggling to keep two trucks busy. All of our competitors are cutting prices. We’ve even started doing snow plowing estimates and many other guys are going them soo cheap. A fricken plow costs $5-6K and other guys will bid a $200 lot for $100?!?! Crazy and it ruins the market!:mad::eek::mad:

I thought we were having a slowdown until today. The cold weather hit and everyone now wants their windows done and set up for the cold months ahead, thank GOD!!!
We have been doing a lot of plowing estimates, this will be our 2nd year plowing. We don’t do parking lots but residential driveways.The benefit to that is the people whose driveways we plow are people whose windows we already clean so they know and trust us. Last year the plowing paid for all the trucks and insurance so to us it is very worthwhile even though it can be a P.I.T.A!!!

Yeah today was good we had one of our best booking days in a while.

So far October has been 3 time as busy as September. I’m not complaining!

k, when i posted this morning things were busy, then my phone started to ring like spring…funny since it was snowing and super windy today. In total i had 13 calls today! crazy for mid october. i did find out that my YP ad is working…so the $1000 a year is worth it in a small town anyhow.