One Story Large Commercial Bid. Help Needed

Hi All,
Sorry I’m a bit wordy. I’ve used WCR a lot recently, but not actually made a post.
I was wondering if I could get some help from you all. I’m doing a large commercial bid and am really struggling with how to price it. The nice thing is it is one story. I’m tall enough for most that I can stretch and get the top to most but not all, but I also have WFP or could do Trad Pole Work for the ones I can’t quite reach. They are wanting it done bi-annually on the exterior and annually on the interior. I’ve not done interior before, and I don’t want to which is part of my dilemma. I’ve attached a photo. Most of the 300+ are exactly the same. I’m waiting on my insurance quote for the interior. This is the midwest. Curious what you all quote this at. I’d like to get the bid because it gets me in the door with a commercial property company, but inflation is also killing me right now and I know increasing prices is what I need to do. I’d really like to not get the bid on the interior, there are blinds all the way around, but I know I won’t be considered if I don’t at least put that in there. I’m sure part of the reason they are shopping has to do with price, because they look good except for the dirt from storms blowing through.

I’m curious about the insurance quote for the interior…what’s that all about?
I’d be at 4-5 bucks a pane if the whole job looks like that…inside and out.
As much as I like wfp, I think I’d do this one trad. However that depends on your set up,
water spigot locations, how much hose is needed and how hydrophobic the glass is.
I find on stuff like this (easy-peasy walk around) that if most of the glass is very hydrophobic it’s faster to do trad. As for the insides, blinds are actually very easy to work around. I find the biggest problem is desks and filing cabinets and peoples nick-nacks on the window sills in my way. Check all that out ahead of time and add $ if it looks to be a problem.

1 Like

I’d probably bid it at $3-4 per pane in/out. $2 outside only. I’d suggest quarterly for outside only, annually for interior. But if they want annually, and you if can get 4-5 then yeah go for it. It looks like it’s walk up and for a commercial route, you can have it done very quickly.

Insides are not a problem, just add “Where accessible” to your estimate. If there’s file cabinets in the way, it’s not accessible.

If there’s hardwater stains, that’s not included.

2 Likes