Optimal water tank size

Just did a job that usually takes 2 guys 3 hours solo in 2 hours! Real game changer.

I am literally contemplating the exact same purchase… 65 gallon vs 125 gallon from TSC… I see this is a couple years old now, in hindsite are you happy you went with the 125, or do you think the 65 would have been fine? Thanks!

What type of window cleaning do you do mostly? Residential or commercial?

Mostly Residential. But some schools and hospitals.

Then my personal advice would be to go with a smaller tank, and filter on site using the tank as a buffer when doing larger projects.

I have a 55 gal tank for my pure water, and it will get me through two or three days of residential usually. But on large commercial jobs, I go through so much water that even a 100+ gallon tank would still need to get refilled at some point during the day.

I dont want to filter on site. I dont understand why ppl do that really. I will be filling the tank at home with pure water. Which iscwhat we currently do with our mobile setup.

Oh man, we have been using about 15 gallons per home locally. Lately, we have been using about 120 gallons a day. Homes in this area don’t always have good pressure so bringing our own water makes the best use of time. That being said, we use a scalable tank setup that allows us to go from 55 gallons to 330 gallons.

I try and follow an adaptation of the 80/20 rule. I equip myself based on what works well for at least 80% of my work, and find other solutions for the remainder. At least 80% of the time, 55 gallons is more than enough for the entire day, and I’m able to fill the tank at home.

But for those large jobs where I’ve gone through 150+ gallons for a single day of work, it wouldn’t make sense to try and outfit my rig with a 200 gallon water tank, just for those occasional uses. So as much as I hate to, I filter on site for those jobs.

For your case, you might find that you need a 100 gallon tank to get through 80+% of your work days. But I’m betting that at some point you’re still going to fall short, and need to filter some on site, occasionally. It’s best to have this reality in mind when getting yourself set up.

1 Like

It’s awesome that you’re set up to handle such a large volume of water. Another solution for someone with a smaller truck, would be to have a small tank and pump set up as a buffer, similar to the way large pressure washers have to be plumbed. You’d still connect to the homeowners’s water (at least on every other job or so) to fill up your tank with pure water. But the wf pole(s) would be fed from the tank.

I’d love to see some pics of that setup :grin:

1 Like

Let me see if I can clean it up. Currently using it on a job, it’s in a trailer. 55 gallon drums for the win at $5/ea! We don’t have a pickup, and this was cheaper for us than buying a pickup.

Not cleaned up much, but you get the idea.

1 Like