Outside Only of French Pane Pricing

Wanted to know where y’all stand on this. My outside only price is typically 60%-65% of in & out price. I’ve been thinking lately of going to more of a 50/50 split for french panes (using WFP of course). Obviously the insides of frenchies take much longer than outs with the WFP and if I never did an interior french again I’d be a much happier man. I’m thinking that if there’s a bigger difference between the out only and in/out price some customers may opt for the savings and go out only (and save me from cleaning ALL.THOSE.DAMN.PANES.BY.HAND.) What do you think?

3 Likes

The beauty is that you can charge whatever the customer is willing to pay.
Personally, I charge a per pane price outside, per pane price inside + track price once + screen price once if they have them.
In most cases I charge a track price exterior if the design of the window warrants it and I have to clean gunk out. It takes extra time there is a charge for that.
So 50-50 doesn’t really workout, IMO, if charging window-screen-track, since track and screen is a singular element and window in/out is a double element. French panes are a per pane price; per pane exterior + per pane interior if ordered.

Hey, it’s your business. I say go for it :+1:t2:

Report back your results.

Honestly for me…I use the same pricing for french as I do any other window. Per Pane. This usually results in a very high ticket. If I get the job, great I make a nice chunk of change. If I don’t get the job…well then I don’t have to clean french windows that day :joy:

The price is the price. I don’t lower the price dependent on method. I price french pane as if I would do it traditional, that way if something were to happen and I couldn’t use the WFP it isn’t a huge hit.

1 Like

Tyically around 80 cents a pane per side for frenchies

That’s why I don’t do inside French windows ,lot of time .