Outside only route question/ general advice

Hi everybody. Been going through the site a bit.lot of information. I’m looking into starting a storefront only route.nothing to crazy but work hard to build a couple day route. Thinking outside only. I see guys say outside plus doors. Is there anyone that does just outside? Does doors mean in/out usually? Any advice,anything storefront is also appreciated.

I’m not a storefront guy, I avoid them like the plague ( oh wait, is that a bad analogy for the times?) But I think you would limit yourself saying ‘outside only’. I would offer in and out, just not every time. In this way you are defining the service to more of the way you want it it (zero interiors), but not limiting yourself. If I were a store owner I would want someone who could give me interior cleans when needed.

2 Likes

I offer inside also for ‘accessible’ windows as to not alienate customers and to make more. My competitors will be there if I’m not, and then they’ll be cleaning the residential jobs that come from the commercial/storefront, so it’s worth giving them an option to choose my service.

One reason guys that do outside only but always add the inside of the door with that is the customer perception of the work. I don’t personally do that.

Out only are the jam though.

1 Like

Thanks. For replying you! I should say I’m not opposed. It goes into the accessibility of the inside like you said.but that is why I ask cause there could be folks who do that.That’s why I was asking about the doors cause I’ll see an “outside plus doors” option. So I thought maybe there are some others that do just outside. Just kicking around all options. Trying to piece together the plan.haha

With some storefronts thats all you can do is outsides only.
I have a lot of accounts that are ours only.
If they want the insides done they have to move all there stuff for me to get to them. Doors always go in/out

If the insides are accessible I clean the insides when needed.
Food establishments need them done more often obviously. Charge accordingly…

Thanks! While it’s on my mind do you have a way you prefer to do jobs?like every 4 weeks? 2 weeks?

Twice a month or once a month is how I like to service accounts.

1 Like