Owners of a Transit Connect

I have a transit connect 2010, I personally believe it’s perfect for window cleaning, I was interested in seeing he set ups other members had of their ford transit connect.

2 Likes

You need to utilize some of that overhead space, man that’s a lot of open space

4 Likes

Transits are great. Will be my choice when the time comes.

Like @anon46335951 says, build some shelves, tubes along the top for poles, etc…!

1 Like

I’ve been looking for ideas on how to use all the space efficiently. I just got a WFP and DI. Need to somehow fit it in there. Any ideas?

1 Like

Get step ladders up on roof same with water fed poles and hoses

2 Likes

I have one, but Ive been out of the WC game for a bit. Now it makes a great dog transport vehicle lol

6 Likes

Pretty cool, what’s a good way to get those attached to the roof?

1 Like

I would stop in at a local truck accessory shop talk to them about it they’ll probably know what type of supports you have on your roof from there you could do it or have them get you option

1 Like
2 Likes

6 Likes

Got any more pics of the interior?

1 Like

I will post a few pic of the inside later. I used a raised bottom on my shelves so that I could slide my WFP and extension poles underneath.

1 Like

What year is your connect?

1 Like

2015 Ford Transit Connect. Has 3 rows of seats but they lay down flat for storage. I have tons of room and can take everything out, flip up the seats and haul the family if needed.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty sweet set up, do you ever have trouble going up steep driveways etc? My transit is kinda weak

1 Like

It’s not a transit, but you might gleen some storage ideas from it. I’d guesstimate my old xB with rear seats removed had around 1/2 to 2/3 the interior volume of the transit connect. I could pack a lot in the old Toaster

I’ll be shooting a video of my new xB as soon as it’s “finished”. Hopefully by 2020 or so, lol.

3 Likes

I used to work out of my Honda Fit and a I had a similar set up. One question, where did you get those vehicle magnets? I’m very interested in getting my self a few for my van

I got my magnets from esigns.com. They’re good to deal with and have super fast turnaround.

But I wouldn’t recommend magnets for full time use, because they trap dirt and moisture and will wreck your paint job. I would go with vinyl lettering, either installed professionally, or order and install yourself. Then get large solid color magnets to cover it if you ever need to.

3 Likes

+infinity on this. Magnets quickly ruin the doors on my Tundra and Ridgeline.

2 Likes

I’m only going to use it for about 2-3 months though and I live in a dry area, how long had you guys used your magnets

1 Like