Passing out door hangers

So today I started passing out door hangers. I ordered 7,500 in a combination of the old in-law hanger and the new and I’m putting them up against each other to see which one gets the better response. Due to it being fall but still warm around here, I’m running 10 windows for $78 just to see what response I get. I’m only hitting new subdivisions that average between 8-11 windows per house, so it should be interesting.

Tommy
© 903.261.3806

Good luck Bro…
How many are you doing a week? are you hanging them yourself?

Last question Tommy but the most important what do you consider a window on your count of 8-11 windows per house?

is this one window
or is this one window by your count

2 windows.

I’m doing it myself. Almost knocked 200 out so far today. The houses are a really close together so I would say that I’m averaging anywhere from 75-100 per hour.

Tommy
(C) 903.261.3806

1 Like

Good Luck Tommy…

Thanks.

Tommy
(C) 903.261.3806

I have 2500 of the "old lady.
Passing them out myself. Good luck to ya. But running a different kind of deal

Which one? The old one or the new one?

Tommy
(C) 903.261.3806

Is that in and out? I would think it would be better to do “10 exterior windows cleaned for $79.” Sounds like a great deal, and you could still upsell the insides!

In and out. I thought about doing something like that and probably will on my next campaign. I’m trying to see what will work the best around here.

Tommy
(C) 903.261.3806

I haven’t had a call for two weeks straight. Other service / construction business owners around here that I have talked to say they slowed down also in the same time frame. Going the same route as Pepsi and kicking out some flyers. I’m doing my own personal “groupon”, as $$ is starting to get tight with slowing down. I’m doing up to 20 exterior for $75 and planning working the upsell pretty hard, get the foot in the door and then wiggle my toes a bit lol. Went with the homemade flyers again - working the holiday and rainy season angle.

I like the fliers…Good Luck, keep that healthy food on the table!!!

I’m curious on ur R.O.I

Hey Tommy, just checking to see how things are going with the fliers and the deal you’re running? Also, what name did you go with for your business?

After asking about 20 women, they all but one picked glass act. Have to go with my target market, haha.
I have had some interesting moments doing this. Walked up to a house at the end of a street and as I was walking towards the door, there was a guy on the phone and standing by the window with his hand down his shorts having a moment. AWKWARD!!!
Had the opportunity to hand the hanger to a couple of older guys that laughed at it. They liked it. Handed one to an older woman who glanced at it and clearly looked like she wanted to tear it up.
As I got close to having put up 300, I landed the first job. A woman that appears to be maybe anywhere from 35-42. After talking to her for a few, it started to seem like she didn’t care if I was cleaning her windows or drawing on her walls with crayons because she seems to have something else on her mind. This story may be one of those “to be continued” moments, haha.
I started with two subdivisions where the houses fall in the $200-250k range. My next few neighborhoods are probably twice that, so hopefully it will get better results.

Tommy
(C) 903.261.3806

Also today, I ran into an older veteran (at the bottom of my hangers it states that 10% of all sales go to st Jude’s and 10% to the wounded warrior project) who after reading it tells me about how he was trying to knock a lizard off of his window and shattered it and can’t get them cleaned until he gets it fixed and then asks me if I know how to replace the glass. Might take me ten minutes tops to replace the glass, which I’ll probably do for free and tell him that’s the disabled veteran bonus package.

Tommy
© 903.261.3806

I hear ya. This whole year has been nuts, then about 2 weeks ago the phone just stopped ringing.

Im dropping 2500 door hangers next week. I know the slowdown is just the “calm before the storm”, so if anything, it will give us a nice double-bump for when the phone goes crazy in November.

Shame that the medical satire didn’t flow with the ladies, but you did the right thing: due diligence.

Keep posting on this. Interested to see what happens. So many of my prospects tell me they love my business cards, website, company name and so on and so forth. Then the floor drops out from underneath me. Prospects keep pushing my scheduling out further and further, with great big smiles on, though. I can get so many to laugh, but so few of them ever buy. Even a bad street performance would get me more money at this point :wink:

Three jobs booked and I haven’t passed out 1,000 yet. So far so good. It’s 1-1 as far as hangers go. Don’t know which one the third saw.

Tommy
© 903.261.3806